Yard Pics(and one of a dead snake)

Thanks for all the nice comments. I didn't think the pictures of the flowers would turn out that well. The pic of the snake was taken last year. The rock it is on is about 1 1/2 feet long. That snake was about 3 feet long. It was huge!!!!

Im in Ga myself and Ive killed 2 copper heads this year!

My BIL was weeding around his house and had 'stick' dragging on his pants. Further investigation found it to be a copperhead attatched to his pants!
This was only 2 days ago!

NOT FUN!

Are those flowers zinnias?

Quote:
Holy Crap!!! I would have died if a snake was on my leg!
th.gif

Yeah the flowers are zinnias.

Quote:
Here is a couple of pics for you...... the view from upstairs over our fields.... (took this last year as DH was starting the cut to make hay)

Englishcountryside005.jpg

another ......

Englishcountryside006-1.jpg

The area of Cheshire we live in, most farms are laid to grass for grazing, or growing pototoes. The big arable farms are usually in Lancashire (North) or down in the South of the country.....

Quote:
Holy Crap!!! I would have died if a snake was on my leg!
th.gif

Yeah the flowers are zinnias.

doh.... call myself a gardener I thought they where dahlia's (very similar though) ..........

Yes Ireland is reputed to have NO snakes.....yeah!!! don't know how you deal with themm, the thought is bad enough....

Beautiful pictures....especially the dead copperhead! Beautiful yes but very dangerous.

EnglishChick - I am coming to live with you. I grew up in Florida with Eastern Diamondback Rattlers, Coral Snakes, Cottonmouth Water Mocassins, Pigmy Rattlers, the ocassional Copperhead and a very nasty Sea Snake. We have more carrying venom than those without. EEEEEEEEWWWWWWW Now...I live with Mountain Lions and the Western Diamondback.
th.gif

Quote:
Cetawin, you know you would be welcomed in my home..... but don't dare bring any snakes...... now mountain lions.love cats.....but don't think you could get one through Customs!.....

We really are so very very lucky here in the UK with our wildlife..........some of the "critters" you have over there would have me running for the hills.... I am such a wimp!

Back
Top Bottom