Yard Pics(and one of a dead snake)

jjdward

How bout them DAWGS!
10 Years
May 4, 2009
Buchanan, Georgia
Here are some random pics I took of my yard and animals.
30256_hpim0629.jpg

30256_hpim0628.jpg

30256_192.jpg

30256_chickens_002.jpg

30256_hpim0630.jpg

30256_421.jpg

30256_cecils_house_015.jpg

These are great! ... and your tabby cat is the image of my cat Penny, you would swear they whre related!............ love the dahlia's mine are still tiny compared to those!... jealous! ...... errr is that snake dead????

Quote:
Yes the snake is DEAD! It a copperhead i found last year while mowing the pasture next to my house!! This may be a silly question, but do you have snakes in the UK? If so what kinds?

Quote:
Yes the snake is DEAD! It a copperhead i found last year while mowing the pasture next to my house!! This may be a silly question, but do you have snakes in the UK? If so what kinds?

Thank goodness for that..... there are only grass snakes in the UK (no venom) and our only venom snake is the adder, which usually lives in woodland, you don't see them very often (I have never seen one)... they are shy snakes who prefer to keep hidden away. if I saw a snake in the garden, think I would quite literally faint!

We are very lucky here in that respect......................

I live in Georgia (southern US) and we have a few types of venomous(SP) snakes. In the area i'm in, we have lots of copperheads and Cotton Mouths. We do have rattlesnakes, but I have never seen any. I have always wanted to go to England and see a farm just to see how different/alike they are to the ones over here. I bet we aren't that different.
big_smile.png

Beautiful place. I need to grow flowers next spring. I need more bees around here.

Thats interesting about the UK not having many poison snakes. I've heard (or read) that Ireland has absolutely no snakes. I wonder iffn that is true

Quote:
Hawaii has only has one snake on the whole island. They use it to train dogs to smell out snakes in luggage at airports. Just one more reason to visit.

That is such a beautiful yard. You are lucky in England that you don't have to deal with snakes. I live in Wyoming and rattlesnakes are abundunt. This year worse than others I hear. So far I have only seen them on the road but in the past we have had them close to our house.

Back
Top Bottom