Yawning In front Of Fan ? Don't know why

I'm convinced the air wiggling their ears ..but by yawning are they getting air inside of their lungs?
If you think it’s more ear related, then I think the vibration is causing their ears to tickle on the inside, and yawning helps relieve that for a second or two.

Like when you have a tickle in your ear and you put your finger in your ear to make it stop.

If you think it’s more ear related, then I think the vibration is causing their ears to tickle on the inside, and yawning helps relieve that for a second or two.

Like when you have a tickle in your ear and you put your finger in your ear to make it stop.

Now I get this I've read that they have 9 air sac so they surely not swallowing air lol

I think it's just because they are in direct air flow, but I've never really notice if my birds yawn more when I run fans, but the air is not cooled either, so that may make a difference.
The Avian respiratory system is different than humans so....the air sacs bring in air like bellows. Ya'll might find this interesting.

I think it's just because they are in direct air flow, but I've never really notice if my birds yawn more when I run fans, but the air is not cooled either, so that may make a difference.
The Avian respiratory system is different than humans so....the air sacs bring in air like bellows. Ya'll might find this interesting.

Phew
Let me explain it's interesting
We have cooler here which is Water Based & 3 sides of cooler cover with
Aspen cooling pads are made up of wood shavings and synthetic fibre. There are pipes connected with a water pump & send water in these grass pads they get well wet and exhust fan run a air similar like AC very cold and chill ..it's really a good product here for people who cannot afford AC

Attachments

• IMG_20190411_212617.jpg
    IMG_20190411_212617.jpg
    334.2 KB · Views: 7

Phew I thought they will collect all air in their lungs lol video is seriously great

It's been over 100F from past few days
Gahhh!
Is it humid there too?

Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, (laptop version shown), then it's always there!

upload_2019-4-12_11-24-1.png

Gahhh!
Is it humid there too?

Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, (laptop version shown), then it's always there!

View attachment 1735929

Temperature is staying 33-39C throughout the day and 29C in night

I'm here from New Delhi , INDIA
I did just
Added my location

It's been over 100F from past few days so we bring a water based Air cooler with exhust fan (pic below)
But my boys keep yawning in front of cooler don't know why maybe due to air blow in the air ..In the ear
It's been so so.hot here what should I do with this behavior?
Do air will hurt their lungs or Respiratory system

@Wyorp Rock
@staceyj
@Eggcessive
My chicken also does this! It’s gotten warmer recently so I’ve turned the fan on, and every time it blows on her she opens her mouth like she’s yawning.

Back
Top Bottom