Yay~ Added questions

Revelle

Songster
9 Years
Jan 30, 2010
Silvis
I thought none would hatch and one hatched, and one started peeping with I went in the room!!!
wee.gif

But the first chick that hatched got stuck in the corner (I put jars in the corners to stabilize temp) and I don't know if she'll be okay!! I have no clue how long she was stuck, and shes been sitting down, half of her is fluffed and the other half is still damp, and when she tries to get up she's all shaky!

Is this normal for a chick or did she get spraddled legs from being stuck between the jar and bator wall? D:

EDIT// Oh, even though I opened the bator to move the first chick from the wall, the humidity is still at 65%~ -insert relief smiley here-

EDIT2// I guess she's fine, by the time it took me to write this she got stuck on the other jar.
gig.gif
I'm going to end up naming her Loki whether or not she turns into a roo.

EDIT// And humidity 65% but the membrane on the egg hatching right now is whitish. Do I need to raise the humidity again? I wonder if I should also do the 'water dunk' method of seeing if the remaining eggs are alive or not.
sad.png

Also, the first hatched chick has just been hiding in the corner behind a small toy I put in, she hasn't gone near the just hatched chick. Normal or weird?

Last edited:
I hope not as well!
gig.gif
But it does seem like she likes corners, she made me move a washcloth to keep her out of one.
roll.png
Love washclothes though, very awesome at keeping the humidity in the 60s while I make it so the lil one doesn't hurt herself.

Though she's crying at the top of her lungs for her sisters to get out.
celebrate.gif

Ack!! The temp spiked to 104! I don't know how long though! I was wondering why the lil one was being quiet, she was panting. Did this kill the other ones?
sad.png
I'm not sure how long it was at 104.

2nd one is almost done zipping! Even my lil brother is watching it chip the last bit of its circle off. I haven't heard ANYTHING from the other 3 though.
sad.png

Neither of the chicks chirp very much. Strange?

And humidity 65% but the membrane on the egg hatching right now is whitish. Do I need to raise the humidity again?

Back
Top Bottom