Yay excited!!

Jesusfreak101

Songster
Sep 2, 2015
Texas
My Coop
My Coop
Went out tonight and clipped my girls wings before we go out of town tomorrow so i dont lose any to out dumb dogs. Anyways to the exciting part two of the hens that are laying felt like they should either lay tomorrow or the next day!!! I felt were my husband showed me to feel to see if they swollon with an egg and both were very swollon and i could feel an egg like the other layers i have i am so excited thats at least two more eggs!! I didnt feel the golden sexlinks (didnt think about it) but my other deleware my little fatty has a eggy yay Adella and so does Honey our little mystery(austrolorp/blacksexlink). That means i could be getting six eggs a day i so excited!!

I am eggcited for you
wee.gif

I'd also like to give you a proper
welcome-byc.gif

Love your user name too
thumbsup.gif

Lol thank you to both. And yeah my mom is thrilled as well she been wantig farm fresh eggs but we havent had enough to share with only four layers since we eat six every morning, but should be able to now and of course they start when i am taking my last trip to the coast until after i give birth to our second baby.

Well, congratulations on your egg explosion! That's what I call that glorious time when all the hens are finally laying. What could be more exiting than a new egg... unless, of course, it's a new baby! Congratulations, mom! Best wishes to you.

I also like your user name. Nice to meet you, sister!

Thank you!!! And yeah cant wait till all 23 are laying lol i went chicken crazy lol. I cant wait till december i am ready to be comfortable again. Its great to meet you both its nice meeting other believers!!

Yes, it's always nice to meet a sister, especially one who loves chickens! I also ended up with a BAD case of chicken math...over 7 months, I accumulated 28 pullets/hens, 1 "oops" cockerel, 8 ducks, and 1 drake. They're addicting!

I completely understand how uncomfortable you feel right now. Just had my 3rd child 2 months ago. This time around, I was so big and sluggish I thought I would die...haha!

Lol yeah i sworen i am done after this one, i was sick with our daughter all 9months this one i havent been but the hip pain and feeling three times my age i am almost scared if i went a third round what would happen. Lol babies are hard work, could be that i have a two year old to chase this time. How old are you kids. It amazes mr that i never thought chickens had personalities (didnt like birds much) but God gave them each one lol. Ours are very demanding on attention they will stalk me all over the yard talking to me over going for the food/treats i threw out for them. They very silly Adella my fatty (very fluffy deleware) and a few others if thry see me through the windows will try to come inside the house i refuse to open my windows now lol we have carpet so indoor chickens are a no go.

I also spend my days chasing around a 2-year-old! Books always say to nap when the baby naps. Yeah, sure... try doing THAT with a toddler! My kids are 15, 2, and 2 months. As you can see, I started early and late. My oldest is also on BYC, so you may be familiar with her. It's Alexandra33.

Lol i have to keep a look out. And yeah the experts arent exactly experts lol. It always makes me laugh when my mom or my husband grandma try to give me advice because they have forgotten what a toddlers like lol. I cant say fir yours but mine is just as stubborn as i am, we had a stand off for thirty minutes over her picjing up one toy one day that day i thank God that i survived lol. And heaven forbid she drops another egg she wouldnt stop crying i tried everything she wouldnt have it through. I think days get longer when you havd kids and no sleep.

Stubborn...oh, YES!!! My toddler is stubbornness personified! The only thing in life he wants to do is go outside and throw dirt all over himself, EAT the dirt, pick fruit from the orchard and eat it with filthy hands, suck on pine needles, etc. He's a glorious handful of mischievous, energetic, loving, sensitive little BOY.

Back
Top Bottom