YAY! FIRST PIP TODAY!! ANYONE ELSE HATCHING TODAY?

suzettex5

Songster
10 Years
May 26, 2009
California
Got my first pip today, Im soooooooo excited!!! This is the first time we have ever done any kind of hatching!! We're so nervous and excited! I have 5 kids and this is almost like waiting for one of my own to be born, only times 7!!!!

Anyone else who wants to join in todays wait- Please join me!!
Eggs are under our hen, so I cant check too often, but updates will be posted!!

So far there is only one egg with a pip, but it's a start!!

Anyone know how long it takes from first pip to hatch? I know that question has been asked a million times, but please, humor me, I'm a first time mom ( or is it auntie,of chicks from eggs that is!!)

I have at least one egg hatching today, out of eight that were set at the same time, only mine are in the incubator. Good luck with your hatch--it might take a while before you know, though, since chicken eggs seem to take up to 24 hours before they hatch completely. Good luck!

AGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH! 24 hours?? How do you wait so long? I wanna see chicks now!!
celebrate.gif

LOL It's amazing how 24 hours seems like a million years after you've waited three weeks for the Big Day. That's why I liked hatching my coturnix so much: 18 days from setting to hatching and the entire hatch of 32 chicks was over in a single day. Most of the chicks pipped and zipped within just a few hours, too. Compared to chicken eggs, that's almost instant gratification!

Congrats!!!! I have 20 eggs in the hatcher now, I think they are due tomorrow, but didn't mark the day I set them, LOL, so I'm not sure of the exact due date, so I'm on Pip alert today, tomorrow, and so on! My first hatch, hatched on day 18, and my others around day 20, so waiting until day 21 seems like forever!!!

My DS, Hot Wing Stables, and I have 39 eggs in our friend's incubator, and they should be hatching either today or tomorrow. My friend's are about 30 min away, so we can't even watch them hatch. Hopefully, we'll get a phone call soon letting us know that the hatching has started.

We had 10 chicks hatch Memorial Day Weekend under a broody in our pen. We lost one as it crawled through the chicken wire. But the remaining 9 are too cute. They are so fun to watch.

Good luck on your hatches!!!!

Angie

Back
Top Bottom