Yay, home with my new pair.

At least you had a proper transport cage! I've had mine hog-tied, with tail hanging out of car window, I thought that was how everyone transported their peacocks lol. I, too, did get many stares.

Quote:
My new peafowl pen is done! I did the crosses like MinxFox too. I am still doing them though. Instead of having 2 of them I just made one with one board going one way and the other one going the other so it kinda looks like + I am excited haha. Netting really isn't that expensive I thought it would be too. Lucky I want a koi pond we have koi fish in our horses huge water trough sometimes the horses eat them though
idunno.gif

Last edited:
Ooh I want some Koi fish! They are so pretty our local plant seller place also sells koi and they have an indoor tropical area with tropical plants and the most beautiful waterfall falling into crystal clear water lined with rocks and this contains their most valuable koi that are not for sale. It is amazing!

It is so fun bringing home peafowl and watching people try and see what you have...When we were bringing Dragon home his train was sticking out of the box and people were pointing and trying to see what it was! I wonder what they were saying to each other.
tongue.png

Quote:
Lol, that was our backup plan if his tail was to long to fit in the cage. Glad we didn't have to do that, it was a 2 hour drive.

Quote:
We had to go through a border patrol checkpoint and they all came to look. Stopping for gas gathered a crowd also. One car even followed us for a few blocks taking pictures from their cell phone
idunno.gif

C&Rman, we had goldfish in our troughs for a little while, I think the cows drank them, they just disappeared one day. Saw the pictures of your pen, it is nice! They will be one happy pair of birds, can't wait till Friday to see pictures.

I'm so happy! Raja finally displayed for the ladies yesterday afternoon and one was VERY impressed with him. Hope she lays some eggs soon. I was starting to get worried because he hadn't displayed and spent most of his time hiding. He is out and about again today so I think he is feeling more at home.

Quote:
My breeder pens are 20 ft x 30 ft and good for a peacock and up to 6 peahens.

I would leave the yearling peahens with the older peacock, in some case yearling hen will lay and if with older peacocks. eggs will be fertile.

Quote:

I would leave the yearling peahens with the older peacock, in some case yearling hen will lay and if with older peacocks. eggs will be fertile.

Oh I have a question for you deerman, I will be getting a 2 year old midnight white-eye peacock with around 8-10 eye feathers and a yearling white peahen. What are the chances she will lays eggs?

C&Rman :

Quote:

Oh I have a question for you deerman, I will be getting a 2 year old midnight white-eye peacock with around 8-10 eye feathers and a yearling white peahen. What are the chances she will lays eggs?​

Odd not good, but it does happen reason all my yearling hens are pen with older males , at least 2 yr old. maybe like 1 out of 20 or more really not sure of odds. i WOULD JUST PEN THEM WILL OLDER MALES THEN IF THEY DO LAY THEY WILL AT LEAST BE FERTILE

Thank you deerman
smile.png
. I left them in and they seem to be getting along. He does peck at the white one sometimes but she just runs away from him.

Back
Top Bottom