Yay! Only 4 left! (Pics pg3)

Bleenie

Wyan-DO's
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
The Beautiful Pacific NW ,WA
And I am having the WORST time trying to find homes for them. Is $3/ea too much to ask for mixed breeds this time of year? they're pekin/blue swede mixes, super cute and around 2.5weeks. They were very scared of me to begin with because they were momma raised for the first week or so of their life but they have really warmed up.
Thankfully I have someone coming to pick up 2 tomorrow(
fl.gif
) but there is a total of 12 & more coming soon!
They're awfully slobby little hogs too.
roll.png

So should I lower my price?

Last edited:
You have to keep feeding them if you dont sell them quickly, But on the other hand you dont want to sell them too cheap either... I didnt think I could ever have too many ducklings..I have some orders I am filling now- But with 10 brooding in the house- and about 30 eggs in the bator with hatchings due weekly from now on...I am about to dicover what having NEARLY too many is like.

Maybe you could try advertising in a different way or place to try to increase sales rather than lower the price. Or offer them for $4 each with buy three and get 1 free. Same price but people think they are getting a bargain.

Bleenie, I have 30 pure ducklings I can't find homes for. I'm pulling my hair out. When I set the eggs, I had customers coming out of my ears. But now I've sold one duckling in the last month. One!

I've got Pekins, Runners, Rouens, Khaki Campbells. I wanna cry. Oh and I lowered my prices to $2 and still can't sell them!

Laurie

I was thinking about hatching ducklings and selling them next spring. Now I am not so sure if that's a good idea.
sad.png

Quote:
There's a lot of demand early in the spring, around March and April, but it tapers off after May. I advertise that I'll have ducklings and then I start a waiting list and hatch to fulfill it - that way, I have buyers lined up long before the ducklings hatch. It's sort of fun too, because I give them e-mail updates with candling pictures and everything until they hatch and are ready to be picked up.
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I sold all but one. I may eat him. Not sure yet. He's still kind of skinny.

Selling options include...
Craigslist.com
Kijiji.com
Flea Markets
Animal swaps
Farmers markets

Which of these have you tried so far?

I can't believe there are so many going unsold... I can never find ANY around my area. I'm sorry I can't take some off your hands.

Bleenie, if I had another pen set up for yet another breed I would take them. As it is I am just trying to finish my bantam pens before they outgrow the brooder. Sigh, they sound so cute! Have you put them on the for sale section here? You never know... And I think $3 is way cheap! Maybe post some pics?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom