Yeah! they are peeping ! they're done with pictures

crysmom

Songster
12 Years
Sep 24, 2007
IMG_2805.jpg

IMG_2804.jpg

IMG_2797.jpg

I got some silkie eggs shipped to me three weeks ago they arrived perfect and with extras to boot. Today is day 19 and I was a bit late to take them out of the turner and up the hummidity, I candled a few of them and one of them was peeping! so I quickly took them out of the turner and upped my hummidity
wink.png
I think they are going to start pipping tomorrow

Yeah I started with 18, and 3 were out of the running early on. so I"m going in with 15 moving developing chicks I think I might be overwhelmed if they all hatch .... i'm on pins and needles

Last edited:
at!!! I love incubating. its better than buying chicks fro a hatchery because your the first thing they see and you get to watch the eggs rock and pip. I miss waking up at 5:30am hearing peep! peep! peep!. Cant wait till toorrow cause my eggs come in tomorrow!! wish me luck!

Mine are peeping too! Isn't it soooooo exciting! I hadn't seen a single one rocking, so I was getting worried, but they're peeping! There's quite a bit of it going on right now too!

well how long do they peep before they pip? i'm on day 20 now and there is still peeping but no pips in any of the eggs???

They may not pip till late today or in the morning. When they start peeping they have made it thru the first membrane to the aircell.

sorry its hard to tell, the peeping is quiet and intermittent if I peep at them they make more noise. Maybe you just aren't hearing it?

With my last hatch I had an egg that was rolling and peeping and once all the rest of the eggs hatched, it still hadn't pipped, so I pipped it myself and hatched out the chick, and he had a severe beak deformity and only one eye. but that chick was peeping very loud

oh gosh that is sad about that chick. Did he survive?

I am not hearing any peeping and they are soo queit, but 3 now are rolling and rocking away.

I have the bator closed so that might be the reason I might not be hearing them...hmmmmmmmmmm

Back
Top Bottom