1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Year 2 still going strong!

Discussion in 'Geese' started by flockman, Sep 8, 2013.

1. flockman

flockman Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    I am now in my second year with geese and still loving them. It seems that so many people get them but by the time they have them for a year they get rid of them. Boris my gander is 1 and a half. Mary and Martha are 5 moths old. Even though they have a huge pasture, Boris paces the fence when he sees me and wants out. Today while I harvested potatoes, tomatoes and onions they were my ever constant and always under foot companions. Boris "likes" me but hisses at others. I can pet him and sometimes the girls. No one else can get that close. Gotta love them!

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    You are Head Gander! I cannot imagine not having geese in my life.

3. flockman

Nov 6, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    I can't imagine it either!

4. Iain Utah

Iain Utah Overrun With Chickens

Dec 17, 2011
    Congrats, flockman. I can relate. I am in my 3rd year of having geese and they are as permanent a fixture in my world as my horses, dogs and cats. I had no idea back in early summer, 2011, when I was shopping for my current home and the real estate agent informed me that the property came with a trio of geese, how much that trio would change my world.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Going on 61/2 years for me sometimes I can't hardly believe Sam is that old already .

6. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Hhmmm....I dont get new math

《Shrug》interesting answers for sure.

4 years almost 4 and half now. Have sold eggs or birds to a number of people on here giving them there start in geese during the 2012 hatching season.

7. flockman

Nov 6, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    I ended up getting geese after seeing them on hatchery pages and wondering why people got them. 2 years after starting to look into them I bought my first geese. Still hooked!

8. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    lol they hooked you in.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by