Year 2 still going strong!

flockman

Songster
9 Years
Nov 6, 2010
Northern Indiana
I am now in my second year with geese and still loving them. It seems that so many people get them but by the time they have them for a year they get rid of them. Boris my gander is 1 and a half. Mary and Martha are 5 moths old. Even though they have a huge pasture, Boris paces the fence when he sees me and wants out. Today while I harvested potatoes, tomatoes and onions they were my ever constant and always under foot companions. Boris "likes" me but hisses at others. I can pet him and sometimes the girls. No one else can get that close. Gotta love them!

I am now in my second year with geese and still loving them. It seems that so many people get them but by the time they have them for a year they get rid of them. Boris my gander is 1 and a half. Mary and Martha are 5 moths old. Even though they have a huge pasture, Boris paces the fence when he sees me and wants out. Today while I harvested potatoes, tomatoes and onions they were my ever constant and always under foot companions. Boris "likes" me but hisses at others. I can pet him and sometimes the girls. No one else can get that close. Gotta love them!
You are Head Gander! I cannot imagine not having geese in my life.

Congrats, flockman. I can relate. I am in my 3rd year of having geese and they are as permanent a fixture in my world as my horses, dogs and cats. I had no idea back in early summer, 2011, when I was shopping for my current home and the real estate agent informed me that the property came with a trio of geese, how much that trio would change my world.

Last edited:
Hhmmm....I dont get new math

《Shrug》interesting answers for sure.

4 years almost 4 and half now. Have sold eggs or birds to a number of people on here giving them there start in geese during the 2012 hatching season.

I ended up getting geese after seeing them on hatchery pages and wondering why people got them. 2 years after starting to look into them I bought my first geese. Still hooked!

Back
Top Bottom