Year Round Hatchers (Year Round Hatch a long)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Five eggs collected so far. I'll be setting however many I have on Saturday. :fl
Awesome!

I'm putting more in since meat is sparse at the stores. Ducks have a faster growth rate so I'm trying to get as many of their eggs in as I can. Think I read at 8 weeks they can be processed. I have Pekin...

Just keep writing what you're putting in. I have to put my duck eggs on here because I set more.

I'm sure most will be clears since they just started mating these past few months

I may end up sharing at the end of hatches. I have all of the data still because I keep my own documentation I just have so many projects going at once and I don't want them getting jumbled, lol. I'll otherwise forget which one's I'm sharing on here.

The Silkies I'm weighing and marking air cells on are getting close to their final marking though! Only a few more days and I should have some decent Bantam air cell growth images. I decided to wait to do the same on a hatch with standard sized eggs because again, I just have so much going on!

Candled my chicken eggs tonight!

Janoel 12 Clutch: due 3/31. 100% fertilized and wiggling! Going to pat my rooster on the back tomorrow 😉. Humidity in this bator is holding around 19%, and the average weightloss so far is 6%. I'm wondering if this seems high, but I'm going to stay the course as the whole point of this clutch is to figure out if adding minimal water to this bator works for me. I add water if it dips below 19%, causing it to rise to around 25% before settling back at 19%.

Candled my chicken eggs tonight!

Janoel 12 Clutch: due 3/31. 100% fertilized and wiggling! Going to pat my rooster on the back tomorrow 😉. Humidity in this bator is holding around 19%, and the average weightloss so far is 6%. I'm wondering if this seems high, but I'm going to stay the course as the whole point of this clutch is to figure out if adding minimal water to this bator works for me. I add water if it dips below 19%, causing it to rise to around 25% before settling back at 19%.
All my eggs were fertile too. I'll give squatch a treat once they hatch 😂

Okay I'll start by info first.

Southern Arizona
Altitude 5300 ft above sea level
Normal outside relative humidity under 20 percent
Normal House relative humidity 31 percent
Air temp of hatching room 70 degrees
Incubators used: Nurture Right 360 and Hova-bator with egg turner

After trial and error Hatching procedure for shipped eggs

incubator humidity kept at 60% minimum during first week
Incubator humidity raised to 65 -70 % second week through lockdown
vents wide open

Hatching procedure for non shipped eggs - open to adjustment

incubator humidity 45-47%
incubator humidity during lock down 62-64%

Hatches this year

February

12 shipped eggs set
10 eggs developed
9 chicks hatched
7 survived to day 7

March hatch

first time Roo (6 months old) with 2 yr old hens
22 eggs set in incubator
4 no development
5 early quitters
13 made it to lock down. will update numbers when hatched

Last edited:
I'm scared to tell @FortCluck what I have set this week... :oops:
3/16--7 BBS silkies
3/17--8 splash marans
3/19 (received today): 1 mixed marans, 2 blue marans, 3 swedish flowers, 5 silver laced english orps, 4 golden spitzhauben, 5 cream legbars, 7 silverudd's blue, 3 blue laced red wyandotte

**hold me**
I haven't set anything else... Yet

I'm waiting to see if my duck eggs are fertile

2/27 hatch complete 5 total eggs set 3 were clears 2 developed and made it to lock down and out of those two all hatched. 100% hatch rate but 40% fertility which stinks. I trimmed my boys butt so hopefully that will help. He wasn't happy about that lol. Humidity during incubation was the room humidity none added. Humidity in the hatcher was 33% to 49% without water added. Basically the act of the eggs hatching was what added the humidity to the incubator. Both hatched with no issues.

Thank you everyone for posting your numbers. I will try to get them on the spreadsheets this weekend.

As you can imagine it's been quite hectic and I couldn't even get on my phone yesterday. It kept saying that I had absolutely zero service on it, I'm not sure if it's because everybody was using their phones or if Verizon was fixing their towers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom