yellow chick with feathered legs

KathrynB

Songster
10 Years
Mar 14, 2010
Does anyone know what breed this chick might be? light yellow with dark wings and feathered feet. I got 3 of these from tsc and three red sex links( i think) This is my first time with chickens so im pretty clueless.

I just bought two light brahma chicks from TSC last week, and they looked exactly like your guys when I got them, so I'd say you have some light brahmas there.

I would guess light Brahmas. They look like they have pea combs, the leg feathering is not as heavy as you'd see in Cochin, and the wing feathers appear to have black and white coming in.

Oh yay! I very much wanted brahmas/light brahmas i was going to order them from mypetchicken.com but decided to try tsc instead. Now they all just need to be pullets, fingers crossed.

OKay, not to Hi-jack your thread, but why is it MY light brahmas look like-

(not my photo just looks like my brahmas)

yet 90% of the other brahmas look like yours?! Gene things? TSC thing? what!?

yup i would say brahma, light, they are big fellers (yet sweet) and they dont lay too many eggs, they are actually a meat bird, but most people keep them as pets since they take so long to mature

OKay, not to Hi-jack your thread, but why is it MY light brahmas look like-

(not my photo just looks like my brahmas)

yet 90% of the other brahmas look like yours?! Gene things? TSC thing? what!?

yup i would say brahma, light, they are big fellers (yet sweet) and they dont lay too many eggs, they are actually a meat bird, but most people keep them as pets since they take so long to mature

I have no idea lol. But one of my chicks has a dark beak like that,maybe just a different type of light brahmas?

I have no idea lol. But one of my chicks has a dark beak like that,maybe just a different type of light brahmas?

well they all grow up the same...
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom