yellow chick with feathered legs

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by KathrynB, Mar 26, 2012.

1. KathrynB

KathrynB Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2010
    Does anyone know what breed this chick might be? light yellow with dark wings and feathered feet. I got 3 of these from tsc and three red sex links( i think) This is my first time with chickens so im pretty clueless.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    cochin (straight comb) brahama (pea comb)

3. KathrynB

Mar 14, 2010
    Thank you!

4. Angelwings

Angelwings Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2012
    Possibly a Brahma

5. Pyxis

Pyxis Hatchaholic Extrordinaire Premium Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    I just bought two light brahma chicks from TSC last week, and they looked exactly like your guys when I got them, so I'd say you have some light brahmas there.

6. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    I would guess light Brahmas. They look like they have pea combs, the leg feathering is not as heavy as you'd see in Cochin, and the wing feathers appear to have black and white coming in.

7. KathrynB

Mar 14, 2010
    Oh yay! I very much wanted brahmas/light brahmas i was going to order them from mypetchicken.com but decided to try tsc instead. Now they all just need to be pullets, fingers crossed.

8. OKay, not to Hi-jack your thread, but why is it MY light brahmas look like-

[​IMG](not my photo just looks like my brahmas)

yet 90% of the other brahmas look like yours?! Gene things? TSC thing? what!?

yup i would say brahma, light, they are big fellers (yet sweet) and they dont lay too many eggs, they are actually a meat bird, but most people keep them as pets since they take so long to mature

9. KathrynB

Mar 14, 2010

I have no idea lol. But one of my chicks has a dark beak like that,maybe just a different type of light brahmas?

10. well they all grow up the same...[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by