Yellow diarrhea and odd acting *pics*

You can start out with fluids 15 ml per pound 2-3 times a day. But do a smaller amount initially, and see it she tolerates it. Once tolerating it, it can be done twice a day. But I would encourage her to eat on her own if possible. Exact baby bird feed is what most people use for feeding. You can try raw egg, yogurt through a small tube, but feed usually plugs up a small tube. @casportpony has a lot of experience with multiple articles on tubing. Some grind chicken feed into powder and add a lot of water right before the time you are ready to feed, but that needs to be done with a larger bore tube. As you know, watery chicken feed will keep becoming thicker as it sits, and more water may need to be added. So mixing it right before you need it is best.

Yeah i syringed her 10ml of water last night without any issue at all. This is excellent info but today is the first day she’s decided to eat a little and drink a little she’s drank twice and ate once. So im gonna take that as a good sign and take a step back and let her try to l remedy herself whatever she’s working through. Both her water intake and food intake have been fleeting moments at the bowl no where near enough to sustain but it’s the initiative I needed to see to step back and just keep a closer eye on her.

Here she is having some mash!

Attachments

• 88D84C94-8CD1-4D4F-9CAF-A1E0D4CD9934.png
    88D84C94-8CD1-4D4F-9CAF-A1E0D4CD9934.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 3
When I had a sick chicken who wasn’t eating or not able to get to it, I would mix a small bowl twice a day of moistened feed, scrambled egg bits, and alternate a little tuna or cottage cheese for variety. With everything, I added a little water to get more fluids into them. Once they start eating on their own, I stopped the extras, hoping they would take mostly their balanced chicken feed. B complex vitamins 1/4-1/2 tablet daily can sometimes increase the appetite. If ever using Corid, stop any b vitamins until finished.

Hi, I’m not a professional or like 7 year member, however, seeing as no one’s replied I can at least give you my thoughts and tag some people who may be able to help you, below.

So you said her crop felt empty in the morning, so that’s really good, at least it’s emptying.😍😊 as far as you being concerned about sour crop, have you smelled near her beak or opened it for a quick whiff? That’s usually a good way to smell the yeast infection in her crop. But still doing garlic water will never hurt.

I recently had a 2.5 year old hen who had a really weird crop issue. Where It wouldn’t empty and smelled bad. She also had yellowish runny poop, but hers was all yellow.
I believe it was sour crop, and I didn’t catch it fast enough😞 but you started noticing things really soon, so that’s really good.👍

Your doing a great job. Sorry I can’t be of more help. I hope you find answers and cures to this issue. ❤️

@casportpony
@Wyorp Rock
@Chick3nLover i have a bird with similar symptoms. Yellow diarrhea, crop not emptying, not eating or drinking. Do you have any advice on treatment? I’m not sure this is her problem but I need to start somewhere and start eliminating possible causes. Picture of her poops below. Did yours look like this?
DB6E2026-1992-439F-A7F4-2F4E7297E938.jpeg
28AF6D43-C749-4BEA-919A-7A9C51C8E242.jpeg

@Chick3nLover i have a bird with similar symptoms. Yellow diarrhea, crop not emptying, not eating or drinking. Do you have any advice on treatment? I’m not sure this is her problem but I need to start somewhere and start eliminating possible causes. Picture of her poops below. Did yours look like this?
View attachment 3371525View attachment 3371526
Your thread along with replies can be found here https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...-eating-lethargic-help.1559501/#post-26443335

Back
Top Bottom