Yellow diarrhea, not eating, lethargic - help!

So I had to order antibiotics online and they haven't come yet, so we never went that direction, but I have been treating for sour/impacted crop and we had a breakthrough this morning! I gave olive oil and massaged her crop several times yesterday and last night She pooped out a long stringy hard poop, followed by a massive blowout all over the wall of my chicken hospital. She seems like herself this morning. Drinking a lot, her crop is empty. I gave her some plain yogurt and a little bit of scrambled egg. I’m going to monitor her for a few days to make sure that her poops normalize and slowly reintroduce food. It looks like she had a wad of hay blocking her digestive tract. I will also check that there are no more fleshy masses in her poop and maybe try to send in a poop sample to make sure she doesn’t have parasites. I will update if she regresses or we find some sort of reproductive issue.

I can’t thank everyone enough for the help. It is so hard to feel like you can’t help your bird.
And everyone who replied gave me more hope and confidence I could help her.
@Razzlefrazzle @Eggcessive @Wyorp Rock
I’m so glad to hear this! 😍 I hope she continues to get stronger and healthier. I’m so sorry I never replied, I didn’t even realize you had asked me something until I checked my emails this morning. I’m just so glad you were able to find answers and get her back on the right track.

I’m so glad to hear this! 😍 I hope she continues to get stronger and healthier. I’m so sorry I never replied, I didn’t even realize you had asked me something until I checked my emails this morning. I’m just so glad you were able to find answers and get her back on the right track.
Ah! I’m sorry I didn’t tag you! You were a glimmer of hope when I was totally out of ideas. Thank you so much.

So I had to order antibiotics online and they haven't come yet, so we never went that direction, but I have been treating for sour/impacted crop and we had a breakthrough this morning! I gave olive oil and massaged her crop several times yesterday and last night She pooped out a long stringy hard poop, followed by a massive blowout all over the wall of my chicken hospital. She seems like herself this morning. Drinking a lot, her crop is empty. I gave her some plain yogurt and a little bit of scrambled egg. I’m going to monitor her for a few days to make sure that her poops normalize and slowly reintroduce food. It looks like she had a wad of hay blocking her digestive tract. I will also check that there are no more fleshy masses in her poop and maybe try to send in a poop sample to make sure she doesn’t have parasites. I will update if she regresses or we find some sort of reproductive issue.

I can’t thank everyone enough for the help. It is so hard to feel like you can’t help your bird.
And everyone who replied gave me more hope and confidence I could help her.
@Razzlefrazzle @Eggcessive @Wyorp Rock
Glad to hear her crop is clearing.
Hopefully she won't have any more issues for while.
Thank you for the update :)

Back
Top Bottom