yellow gold sexlink...Help

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by smiliefase11, Mar 10, 2011.

1. smiliefase11

smiliefase11 In the Brooder

Mar 9, 2011
    i know what gold sex links look like i have gold sexlinks and black sexlinks but one of my sexlinks is white and yellow and its a young hen. most are red with freckles. I bought her from a feed store in Oregon. is she even sexlink? http://plixi.com/p/82865277 and this pic http://plixi.com/p/82869040

2. Sorin

Sorin Songster

Jul 15, 2010
    Glenfield, ny
    [​IMG] Hello! I'm no expert on breeds, but she looks a little light colored for a gold sex link. Also, I can't quiet tell from the picture, but does she have "muffs" under her head, it looks a little like she does, but correct me if I'm wrong, maybe an EE? Hopefully someone else will check this out [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2011
  3. RAREROO

RAREROO Crowing

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Yep, Shes an Easter Egger, not a Sexlink.

4. smiliefase11

smiliefase11 In the Brooder

Mar 9, 2011
    but she was sex linked. the cockerels were all white, the pullets all yellow. then the ameraucanas were all red with black.so they couldnt have been blue or lavender ameraucans. and yes she has a muff. does anyone have a picture?? even of theyre chicks. she seems to bee the odd one out of the sexlinks and ameraucanas i have. i still need to wait until she starts to lay, which should be soon i hope!

5. faireeluvr

faireeluvr Hatching

Mar 11, 2011
    She looks just like one of our ameraucana chickens. We bought four and she was the only yellow chick, the other three were brown and striped like chipmunks. Ours is very bossy and wants things her own way [​IMG]

6. Pele

Pele Songster

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Sorry, but I'm going to have to side with everyone posting on this. I almost solely raise gold sex-links, and that isn't one. From the green legs and the puffs on it's cheeks, I'd bet a lot of money on an Easter Egger.

7. GammaPoppyLilyFlutter

GammaPoppyLilyFlutter Love Comes with Feathers

Jun 26, 2010
    California
    She's an Easter Egger. And a pretty one, too!

8. Greendecember

Greendecember In the Brooder

Dec 21, 2010
    Oklahoma
    I have a hen that looks just like her. I'll have to get a pic up. She is laying green eggs or at least I assume it is her. There is a white roo what came in her batch of "pullets" from the feed store. Yes HE was banded as a pullet not misplaced after shipping so I just assumed they were sex links. Now I dono. Thanks for posting this. Feed store chicks are such a craps shoot but fun times in the guessing hehe

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: