Yellow liquid coming from chick

Bananaplinko

Chirping
Premium Feather Member
Mar 26, 2022
This is my 4 day old cream legbar pullet. When cleaning off her pasty butt yellowish liquid began oozing out. It hardened and is shown in the picture. She is otherwise acting normal. What happened and what can I do to help?
IMG_1799.jpeg
IMG_1801.jpeg

This is my 4 day old cream legbar pullet. When cleaning off her pasty butt yellowish liquid began oozing out. It hardened and is shown in the picture. She is otherwise acting normal. What happened and what can I do to help?View attachment 3782093View attachment 3782096
Seems to be a bad case of pasty butt... how hot is the broader? Is there a place the chicks can escape to if they get too hot?

Just FYI, be careful holding the chicks upside-down like that. If they had recently drunk water, they can aspire

Looking at your pictures it seems to me that you did not clean her vent, but opened up her navel which led to the recently absorbed eggyolk coming out.
Disinfect the navel and put her on clean paper towel until navel is fully closed again.
Change soiled towels often and provide water with electrolytes and vitamins as well as mashed coocked egg mixed with chick feed to substitute for the lost yolk.

Back
Top Bottom