Histomoniasis: Yellow Urate & Lethargy in Poult...

Pics
20200227_111524.jpg

I was hoping for the baytril liquid, according to tracking number it'll be here by Saturday night..... :barnie that's with "Next day" shipping...
We might be able to make this work. The label says one teaspoon weighs 5 grams, but I don't trust them as most teaspoons of powder weigh 2.7 to 3.3 grams, they rarely weigh 5 grams.

Open the bag and with a tablespoon or teaspoon, count out the amount of either. If a teaspoon weighs 5 grams there will be 20 teaspoons in the bag.

We might be able to make this work. The label says one teaspoon weighs 5 grams, but I don't trust them as most teaspoons of powder weigh 2.7 to 3.3 grams, they rarely weigh 5 grams.

Open the bag and with a tablespoon or teaspoon, count out the amount of either. If a teaspoon weighs 5 grams there will be 20 teaspoons in the bag.
I have my scales that I can just measure it out by grams and then reconstitute it for a dose. So 5 grams of the powder is supposed to be 500mg of enrofloxacin, correct?
This is my scales...
20200225_220148.jpg

Oh, it you mix it with water you should use distilled water because enrofloxacin can bind with some minerals which will make I less effective. I think it also has a short shelf life, so make a small batch of possible.
Okay, what is his dose mg/kg?

And... THANK YOU @casportpony for all your help!!!

Last edited:
no less than 10 mg/kg, not more than 15 mg/kg.
@casportpony
So.... I reconstituted it with 1 ml.
1gm of powder=100 mg.
So 1 ml=100 mg.
Weight 1.25 kg for high end dose of 18.75 mg & low end dose of 12.5 mg...
So for high end dose I'd give 0.18 ml, right?
15828345952499049945597242097264.jpg

I'll just reconstitute 1 dose at a time.
Awaiting your response before I give this dose.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom