Yellow Watery Chick Poop

qopt

Songster
Mar 14, 2020
Seattle, Washington
I had my chicks out on my garage floor today while I did a routine clean out of their brooder.
My chicks are all 3 weeks old
While they were out, practically all of them were pooping yellow watery poops. Only a few had solid regular looking poops.
All the chicks are active, eating and drinking, running around, perching, you name it! They’re all very active and lively, and from the looks of it, happy.
So what is with the yellow watery poops?? Their diet consists of chick starter feed from earths first, and water. Occasionally they’ll get treats when we train them. The treats they’re usually given are some meal worms or cucumbers. Treats are not very often however.
I am really concerned. If it’s a disease then it has spread to basically all of them since a majority was pooping these yellow watery poops.
I am just so concerned and confused, none of them showed any sign of sickness.
What can I do? Is it something to worry about?

I would stop the extras, and stay with chick feed only. Chicks don’t need anything but that. That might be causing the loose poops, but I would be tempted to get some Corid at your feed store just in case they are developing coccidiosis. Signs to look for are lethargy, standing hunched or puffed up, not eating, and runny poops.

I would stop the extras, and stay with chick feed only. Chicks don’t need anything but that. That might be causing the loose poops, but I would be tempted to get some Corid at your feed store just in case they are developing coccidiosis. Signs to look for are lethargy, standing hunched or puffed up, not eating, and runny poops.
I’ll treat for coccidiosis. And we know chicks don’t need anything besides their designated feed, the treats we give them aren’t very often and when they do get treats it’s very few.

Can you please post some photos of the poop?
Do you provide chick grit?
Here are some pictures, the poops are starting to look much more solid.

Attachments

• 913E099F-859F-4235-A1B5-7D87B057144B.jpeg
    913E099F-859F-4235-A1B5-7D87B057144B.jpeg
    687.7 KB · Views: 12
  • B2F86E06-35B3-48FB-8162-4A5FF8AAD993.jpeg
    B2F86E06-35B3-48FB-8162-4A5FF8AAD993.jpeg
    609.6 KB · Views: 12
It looks like cecal poop, maybe a bit of mucous in there too.
Did you get any Corid?
Corid is coming in Friday. Couldn't get it in stores. I've been reading it also could be kidney/liver failure and I've been scaring myself. No way all my chicks have kidney and liver failure.
Hoping it's nothing worse than coccidiosis

Back
Top Bottom