Yes! It's finished!

chickhopeful12

Songster
11 Years
Oct 8, 2008
CT
My husband built this quail pen for me yesterday. I think it came out pretty great. I only have 6 quail in there right now, so they are living large and enjoying their new place. I had been keeping them in a rabbit hutch, but it was quite difficult to get in and out of and not to mention clean.

It cost about $110.00 for materials. It is pressure treated with textured plywood.

16844_sdc10838.jpg

16844_sdc10837.jpg

16844_sdc10843.jpg

16844_sdc10842.jpg

16844_sdc10839.jpg

Nice job!
thumbsup.gif

Aren't husbands great? Mine finished putting the shingles on my quail hutch, today. It's mostly made from scrap wood from his job. I still need to paint it - picked up some $5 "scratch-n-dent" exterior paint at Lowes, yesterday.

Looks real nice.
smile.png
I could use one just like it. Send your DH over, he can start working on mine tomorrow. I'll go out first thing in the morning an get supplies.
lol.png

Ok, so that roof is what I have on my hen and duck houses. I couldn't tell from the pictures. Did you put 1/2x1/2 hardware cloth across the top before putting that roof on. Wavies let things in.

We didn't at first and we had to take it off and put the Hardware cloth down. Miceeees and Raters would get in and I caught them on Camera. Rats like Quailies even better than Duckings and chickens. Soooooooo.

But I like it. Ok so how big is it? Need to help you figure out how many you can hatch to put in there.
hmm.png

that is niiiice!
this is how my DH and my conversation went..
my DH said..."you need to get rid of some of those extra cages" i asked "why" . He said "because we don't need them" . Naturally my response was "of course we do!" DH replied "You are NOT getting any birds" ....hahahaha..."But i already have " i smiled and gave him a hug. He rolled his eyes like one of our kids would do when they were still kids.

Back
Top Bottom