Yes you can save on new lumber!!!!!!!!!

so do you just go to lowes and ask if they have any culled lumber that you can have at a lower price?

if that is right then that would be great!
wee.gif

Quote:
Yes it is that simpland I wear I got lumber 3 times so far just by asking them.

one time I told them;that I will pick up the culled lumber my self if they discounted it for me and they agreed.
hey just try it all wha tey can do is say no!!
good luck.

Hello,

Hey, all you carpenters out there. How do you disassemble pallets and get boards that are all in one piece?

I'm getting more waste than usable boards. The manufacturer used some kind of twisty nail that I can't get out without busting up the boards getting them apart. I'm really trying to be careful too.

The nails are like that to keep them from coming apart so easily. Quality pallets use them and the cheaper ones use straight ones. Hense why it is difficult for you to tear them apart. I'm not sure of an easy way to dismantle them. Sorry

Jeremy

I go to Lowe's all the time and i just ask the person in lumber about the warped wood and if i can pick through it! i usually get it 50% off and if i buy everything in the pile i get it all for 75% off i got a hole barn full. i make a habit to stop there at least 1 time a week.

Quote:
Unfortunately this kind of nails are very hard to pull them out with the hammer only, and it will take quite a long time to get them out without braking some of the boards, however if use a sawzaw with a metal blade on it you can cut the nails, but you have to be careful when you cut the boards again for the size you need not to cut into he remaining pieces of th nails left in boards.

Back
Top Bottom