Yesterday was day 21-but actually I counted wrong!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by silkieboxerluv, Apr 9, 2008.

1. silkieboxerluv

silkieboxerluv Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2008
    [​IMG] Today was 21 and 6 babies later and one zipping and another one pipped. 8 out of 12 bought off ebay hatching. Im happy. I got a mixed assortment of naked necks, frizzles, and silkies. So far I have 1 silkie-5 toes, 2 whitish color i dont knows and 3 naked necks 2 darker and one whitish. I did get one green egg! Hes zipping right now. Dont know what its gonna look like![​IMG]

2. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    I also bought eggs from ebay. Only 3 out of 15 hatched from the barn yard mix and 6 out of 12 RIR's. I only know they are RIR's because that is what I was bididng on. LOL How do you know one chick from another? And congrads on your hatch. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. P0U1TRYP3RS0N

P0U1TRYP3RS0N Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2007
    YAY!!!! Congrats! Silkies are so cute!!! It's also encouraging to hear you had good results with eggs from eBay--I have 10 eggs in my LG 9200 that are on day 20 right now...9 of which are from shipped eBay eggs!

4. silkieboxerluv

silkieboxerluv Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2008
    Yeah I was happy to have the 6 little ones. But they say dont count your chickens before they hatch-well the guys who were zipping and pipping last didnt make it. Fully formed. I heard them chirpping away and then the next thing you know nothing. So of course nosey me pulled a piece back from the one who was zipping and it wasnt breathing anymore. Big bummer. Maybe I should have helped him. I dont know.
    How do I know one chick from another?- Some are naked necks-I can visually see this no furryness on the neck. Looks like a toupee. The one has 5 toes so hes a silkie or silkie X, and the other 2 are mixed bantams I suppose.
    Until this month Ebay was the only place that I could find to get eggs from-of course that was before BYC!

5. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Congrats on the babies silkie. Have you candled the ones I sent yet. I don't recall when you set them. Probably not long enough?? Keep me posted.

Marie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by