(Yet another) Beginner's questions:

Sorry!
hmm.png
*Whispers Nikki! stop getting me in trouble!*
tongue.png

I was planing on saying hello, and assurring him someone who knows what the white stuff on the ground is would come along soon, but my post and Nikki's very good one crossed, so I tried to leave it at a hi, but for some reason she thought I knew what snow is!
roll.png

I know that. We have the same initials, or did untill I got married, now it's CAB, all 3 husbands have had B last names.
roll.png

In all honesty, I think this group of quail raisers are all newbies. Sure, more have more experience than others (me), but even the ones that have most of the answers seem to learn something daily.

The biggest piece of advise I can give you is keep up on this section of BYC.
Sure, it gets a little goofy but there is a ton of info you can gather.

OR... do what i do and learn on your own mistakes
roll.png

Over a month of quail and only lost one (who escaped and my retriever.... well, retrieved it
sad.png
(we have an understanding. If the birds get outside the wire, it's free game.)

Attempts to be back on topic:

The education thread is really the most through thing I've seen, there's a pretty good coop build here:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=143419&p=1

Mostly it'll be a bit of reading, and asking questions, it's not like chickens, where I can say go buy such and such book, and follow it. Don't be afraid to ask silly questions, we're all a pretty supportaive group here, but we do tease some.

Now then, WHY on earth does CARS think I have embroidered towels? I'm lucky to find one that's not frayed! Teacher's salary man!
wink.png

Edit: widowed once, annulled once, married 10 yrs to #3, he's clearly nuts.

Last edited:
Quote:
My Texas A&M named Smiley isn't nuts at all. Shes actually quite tame. I carry her around in my pocket sometimes and she seems to enjoy it. She started pecking my button quail though....so I had to put her in her own pen.

Back
Top Bottom