Yet another doe waiting to kid

PotterWatch

My Patronus is a Chicken
11 Years
Apr 22, 2008
Virginia
This girl should be kidding sometime this month, but I don't have an exact date. I have seen some whiteish mucus off and on for a few weeks now. She is a FF and started making her udder in late Dec. It has gotten much more firm in the last couple days. She is very swollen "back there", and has been for a while, but it just keeps puffing up more each day. So what do you think?

DSCF0046.jpg

DSCF0047-1.jpg

DSCF0045.jpg

LOL. Thanks for being so specific... could you make it a bit sooner though? I'm tired of waiting!
big_smile.png

Well, she has gotten much wider in this last week and when she was on the stand getting her grain yesterday, I was checking her out and her ligs are completely soft. Her udder feels very firm and full, but not completely tight yet. I'm thinking it will be today or tomorrow. I hope so!

Best news of all is that someone who bought a buckling from us out of our other doe emailed me yesterday asking if Fleur had kidded yet as they might be interested in a kid from her. Hurray!

Quote:
Well you probably just blew the hole today or tomorrow thing by saying you HOPE SO....
lau.gif

Your doe probably knows you are hoping, so just to keep you in suspense and so you don't go anywhere she'll probably hold out for a good week or 2....
gig.gif

(Ok maybe that's just how things work here on our farm...)

Quote:
Yeah I know... when I emailed the lady back about the kid, I said the same thing about today or tomorrow and then said, "Of course, now that I have said that, she will probably wait another week." . Darn goats
tongue.png

Helmstead, now you're just being mean!
wink.png

Quote:
I'm quite proud of it. I am not handy with tools, but I built it all by myself out of scrap wood we had leftover from other projects. It isn't even wobbly!!

Quote:
I'm quite proud of it. I am not handy with tools, but I built it all by myself out of scrap wood we had leftover from other projects. It isn't even wobbly!!

Did you follow a set of plans? If so, which ones? I need to get one built sooner than later.

Back
Top Bottom