Yet another predator attack, supersized!

Quote:
well if your going to use house current 110v you might just well shoot the darn thing.
110 holds and grabs till the breaker pops, can we say slow and painfull?

Quote:
Final tally it did get one bird and some eggs. I usually pick up the eggs a couple times a day but we had quite a bit of rain and some thunderstorms that day/night so when I went out a second time to lock up the birds I kind of rushed and didn't look for any more eggs. It was after the birds and feed more so anyways.

Quote:
I should be alright there. The bear came back at least three times so far. The last time I hit it with a baseball,scared it away.

Quote:
yes thats what I was thinking please, please dont do that again!!!!

I think an electric fence is a good idea I am all for wildlife but not when it is ripping off roofs and can kill in a heart beat.

Can you call an animal control?

sorry about the coop, glad no one was killed.

edited to say I am so tired I did not realize there were 4 pages already.

Last edited:
Quote:
I have two german shepherds that I have trained in schutzhund with. The bear actually walked up to the kennel and from what I can tell must of stood up and pushed on the fence and actually moved the kennel several inches. This is with two dogs barking at it. This kennel is 12 Lx12Wx 6H and is very heavy duty fencing done by a fence company. It takes 3-4 people just to try to move it. I did not realize this right away but noticed it the next day when I saw the kennel was shifted on the cement pad.

Quote:
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

i wonder...?? hhmmmmm... can you perchase those RUBBER BULLETS??? park rangers use them (with the KBD) to scare the bear back into the mountians..
you know the non-lethal ones cops use on protesters????

shouldnt animal control in your area own a bear TRAP????

Our game warden uses and recommends paint balls. I know it sounds crazy, but it works. I know a nice florescent yellow bear who can back me up.

Quote:
I echo this, a bear that would approach you instead of running away will also do this to anybody, including small children. At the very least call US Fish and Wildlife and get the bear relocated, away from people.

This is why people should not feed wildlife!

Back
Top Bottom