Yet another predator attack, supersized!

We have them way down here. Even coyotes,foxes. I need to live behind a fence. I would put a hot wire at the bottom and top on the out side. Make me shiver.
hu.gif
I just thought I had problems with the possums. They are every where here. WOW! Bears!!!!I am sure it won't be long before we have them running around here. I am not far from the Honey Island Swamp and many other swamps they are beautiful but, scarey. At least gators can't jump fences. In parts of FLA. they are walking in neighborhoods. Also near the everglades thay don't have many hitchhickers. Ha! We have a special dept. in our Sherrif office just for trapping gators and moving them to places where there are no people. Just last year not far from home some kids went swimming in a borrow pit and one barely escaped but, did loose an arm.
sad.png

Okay, I know this will sound strange but the info comes straight from a park ranger (retired) who worked in Yellowstone. When we had problems with a couple of bears hanging around too close he suggested that we "mark" our territory in the same manner as do male dogs! Here's the rub, the ones doing the 'marking' must me male and preferably be in their prime and jammed packed with testesterone!

I know it sounds kinda crazy but you know it worked? The bears left and never came back. Seems you have to speak to them in a language they understand.

We are in Western Mass. and had a young bear walk right through our back yard, 20 yards off of our deck! Broad daylight, and here's the kicker, My 8 year old and my husband were out playing basketball in our driveway!
Worries me when the kids in our neighborhood play outside. I make my son take our boxer with him. There are woods all around here. But I must admit that we have not tried the "territory marking" yet.
hmm.png

This may sound terrible but, How can anyone watch a killing machine walk by without killing it? Look a bear can open a car door or trunk faster without a key than you can with one. It can peel the top right off the car. With one swipe it can tear your head off. A dog and I don't care how big stands NO chance against a bear. I had one kill 5 black and tan bear dogs in less than a minute. I was only a few yards out of range to help them. If you think you are safe in your house, think again. There may be some house or building a bear can't get in, but I have never seen it. Think if you let the bear be it will do the same. Heck no. Think like a city folk, if you have a thief in your house, would you leave your valuables laying around? That bear want only one thing, food. It will stop at nothing to get it. This time of year most females have cubs with them, which makes them all the more dangerous. If you can watch from a distance that is one thing, when they get close end it.

Quote:
PLEASE look up bear attack in NJ I think I posted it as. KILL it if at all possible. Pull your chickens inside even. I am so not joking. I would not care what I would face I would shoot it if I owned a gun. We used everything you can think of to scare it away. Don't you have fish and wildlife dept? At least if tagged and came back they would kill it for you. Here two tags and it is out. The one that terrorized us had no tags. PLEASE be VERY VERY VERY VERY careful. I don't know how I missed this post. Bears are nothing to fool with. I wish I wasnt such a chicken to get a gun.

Back
Top Bottom