Yet, another rat

Jammerz

Chirping
Jan 30, 2019
Arizona
I left my empty coop open this morning when I got my brooder box out in preparation for the chicks that were supposed to come today but didn't. I was busy setting up my brooder in the garage where it is warmer when I realized that I could hear my dog going crazy. I went out and saw she was in the coop. Sure enough, there was a rat in my box trap. That is the second one I have caught in the past week. I have had a 4 or 5 week dry spell before that. I noticed they had chewed a hole in my bag of medicated starter too. I'm not sure where I will set the trap once the chicks are in the coop. They are hard to catch and I have it in a good spot now.

Here it is

Attachments

• 20190213_082601.jpg
    20190213_082601.jpg
    290.8 KB · Views: 39
They've never bothered the chickens before. These are "roof" rats and not typical Norway rats for whatever it's worth. I put the feed in 5 gallon buckets and the bastid chewed the screw on lids up to the point of ruining them. I can't figure how they are getting into my shed. I thought it was tight enough to keep them out. I guess I will have to unload it and see if there is a hole somewhere .

Back
Top Bottom