Yet another TSC "What did I really get?"

jenncheeto

Hatching
5 Years
Jul 24, 2014
I bought my first chicks last weekend, 3 Crested Polish, and 10 supposed Cornish Rock pullets. First of all, they had them listed as egg birds, not meat, and I didn't know any better and brought them home. After finding out that they were meaties, and that I'd likely have to dispatch soon, I was ok with that, and ordered breeds that I wanted from McMurray. Now that they are feathering, most are starting to have brown and black wings. Help! What are my chicks?

The brown on the wings literally showed up today, I had been thinking Delaware with the black. Now, not sure. I don't mind more chickens with not butchering at 3 Mos with the Cornish, obviously, I'd just like to know what they are.

After some research in the forums, they all look like some New Hampshire Red pics that I've seen.

[/URL]
I bought these chicks from Tractor Supply just wondering if anyone knows what they are? The people at my local tractor supply couldn't tell me what breed they are. Thanks!
I was just wondering which TSC you got it from cause mine has chicks that look some what like that,and I'd like to find out what kind of breed they are too. BTW mine is in Murfreesboro Tn

I found out what they are they are ISA Browns they are a cross between Rhode Island Reds and sex links. They are a hybrid chick. I got mine from greenfield ma

I found out what they are they are ISA Browns they are a cross between Rhode Island Reds and sex links. They are a hybrid chick. I got mine from greenfield ma

For clarity's sake - they are a cross between the RIR (or other gold based cock) and a silver based hen (RIW, SLW, etc) -- the chicks are sex links, not the female side of the crossing.

Back
Top Bottom