Yet another TSC "What did I really get?"

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jenncheeto, Apr 7, 2016.

1. jenncheeto

jenncheeto New Egg

Jul 24, 2014
    I bought my first chicks last weekend, 3 Crested Polish, and 10 supposed Cornish Rock pullets. First of all, they had them listed as egg birds, not meat, and I didn't know any better and brought them home. After finding out that they were meaties, and that I'd likely have to dispatch soon, I was ok with that, and ordered breeds that I wanted from McMurray. Now that they are feathering, most are starting to have brown and black wings. Help! What are my chicks?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    TSC strikes again. I'm not certain what they are, but they are not Cornish X and probably are not meat birds.

3. jenncheeto

jenncheeto New Egg

Jul 24, 2014
    The brown on the wings literally showed up today, I had been thinking Delaware with the black. Now, not sure. I don't mind more chickens with not butchering at 3 Mos with the Cornish, obviously, I'd just like to know what they are.

4. sarahandjay

sarahandjay Chillin' With My Peeps

I am not sure what type you have but you may want to try and ask TSC which supplier they were/are using. That might help narrow it down.

5. jenncheeto

jenncheeto New Egg

Jul 24, 2014
    After some research in the forums, they all look like some New Hampshire Red pics that I've seen.

6. famerzellman

famerzellman Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2016
    Massachusetts
    [​IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
    I bought these chicks from Tractor Supply just wondering if anyone knows what they are? The people at my local tractor supply couldn't tell me what breed they are. Thanks!

7. Rabbitlover1

Rabbitlover1 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 20, 2016
    Some were on this earth.
    I was just wondering which TSC you got it from cause mine has chicks that look some what like that,and I'd like to find out what kind of breed they are too. BTW mine is in Murfreesboro Tn

8. famerzellman

Apr 7, 2016
    Massachusetts
    I found out what they are they are ISA Browns they are a cross between Rhode Island Reds and sex links. They are a hybrid chick. I got mine from greenfield ma

9. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    For clarity's sake - they are a cross between the RIR (or other gold based cock) and a silver based hen (RIW, SLW, etc) -- the chicks are sex links, not the female side of the crossing.

10. famerzellman

Apr 7, 2016
    Massachusetts
    So the chicks are red sex links? Tractor supply told me they were a cross between the two. Which made them an ISA brown. Can you clarify for me?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by