Yipee!! Coop is almost done! 5/31

Well we didn't get as much done as I hoped, but any progress is good. The roof is shingled. I helped my husband. That will be the last time I will be on a roof. Not my favorite thing. I felt like I was gonna roll off the roof. LOL. We also got the windows put in and the wiring for the lights, switches and outlets.That was all thanks to my FIL. We also had the chicks out with us in the yard for a while. Maybe that is why not as much got done?

23535_chick_01.jpg

23535_cicks02.jpg

Hey Briana, your coop looks great! We're building one just like it but 8X14 (to stay under 120 sf, and thus can do without permit). It's great to see your pictures because we are so clueless - unlike your husband and father in law, clearly! Thanks - it is so generous to share the pictures and updates, it has been a great help to us!

Well a lot of rain again. But we aren't letting that stop us anymore. We got the people door put on, on Wednesday along with 1st coat of paint on the inside. Tonight we went out and added a plug to light for a timer and did the last coat of paint. Tomorrow we are framing out chicken door and building roosts and hopfully starting the steel siding. I will post pics tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom