Yipee!! Coop is almost done! 5/31

Well it finally stopped raining on Wednesday. The yard dried up some and it warmed up so we got some more work done on the coop tonight. All the interior walls went up. The windows are framed in. Tomorrow it is on to the roof, insulation, painting the inside, and the outside steel siding and trim. I really hope we can get it all done.

23535_012.jpg

23535_013.jpg

23535_014.jpg

Well we got more done today. My poor husband had to be to work at 5am today. And still came home and got some more work done. He made another exectutive decision today. The roof not only over hangs the front and back but the sides also, to keep light rain out if the windows are open. I think it looks nicer too. But we now need to go get 1 more sheet of OSB. Tomorrow we get to run the wiring for the electricity, shingle the roof, paint the interior and start the steel siding. Hopefully we can get that all done. I told my husband if he shows me how I can get up and shingle the roof so hec an work on the siding. Well here are the pics of todays progress.

23535_coop.jpg

The red and white on the outside of the coop is the free foam I am using for insulation.
23535_002.jpg

23535_003.jpg

Wow - this looks great! Your husband is building almost the exact coop I've been designing for two months. Any chance he wants to road trip to Utah and help my DH next weekend?

Back
Top Bottom