Yipee!! Coop is almost done! 5/31

We got some more work done again today. Put the roost up and framed in chicken door.
[ have plywood and 2x4 over it right now] We also got wiring put over windows. It was time for the turkeys and chicken that were feathered out to get outside. The inside is all done except for the nest boxes. Gonna get a little more work done tomorrow, then a road trip to MJ's to pick up some BR poults. Well here are some updated pics.

23535_door_installed.jpg

23535_roost.jpg

They seemed to like it. Till one of the turkeys started pecking the chicks on the top of the heads. She is back in the brooder by herself.
23535_turks_and_chicks.jpg

Well sense the chicks and turkeys are in the coop we are in a rush to get the steel siding up before the next rain. And we got the front and back done tonight! I think it is looking really nice. My husband is doing a great job.
The steel is light grey and the corner trim is burgandy. It will match the colors on our home.
23535_011.jpg

We have been working our butts off. Or at least my wonderful husband has. I think it is looking really great.

23535_side.jpg

23535_whole_coop.jpg

My husband solution for the chicken door. Door will open on inside and roof will keep out the rain.
23535_roof.jpg

Back
Top Bottom