Yipppeeeeee first egg today

We are getting an egg a day! Kudos to the one chicken who's been laying consistently every day!
Kudos to your little lady! I'm surprised at how much these little feathered girls have stolen my heart. Sometimes I cant help myself & sing the song "My girls... I've got sunshine on a cloudy day" to them. My singing sounds a lot like their cackling.

Kudos to your little lady! I'm surprised at how much these little feathered girls have stolen my heart. Sometimes I cant help myself & sing the song "My girls... I've got sunshine on a cloudy day" to them. My singing sounds a lot like their cackling.
Haha, our other girls just started squatting! I WOULD in theory sing to them, but it's 40 degrees outside.

Haha, our other girls just started squatting! I WOULD in theory sing to them, but it's 40 degrees outside.
We’re at 23 weeks and still no eggs. I’m glad you mentioned the temperature because it’s cold here too. I’m hoping they don’t care about how cold it is. One of my Buffs will stand in front of the nest boxes and sing the egg song but she’s not laying. What a tease!

Back
Top Bottom