Y'know, I'm thinking this isn't even a chicken

Quote:
love.gif
they are beautiful!

Quote:
My two live with about 30 other standed chickens and about 15 bantams. Never seen them even try to pick a fight. My two are very placid.The lady that gave them to me said they were vicious and she was scared of them but I have not noticed any of that I have had them over a year now. They do go broody for a very long time and are near impossible to break.

Hello, I am new and this is my first post. Yes they are chickens. I live near the Louisiana state line and those are a great fighting bird. NO! I do not fight birds or any animal!!! But I have seen alot of them used for breeding up fighters here localy. Thank God They finaly out lawed cock fighting in Louisiana a couple years back. Unfortunately it is still happening but nothing like it used to be. I am building up my coop and run now for my first chicks. I will be expecting them in mid February. I want to raise astrolorp hens crossed with black giant roos. Eventualy I want to raise up a huge brown egg layer. I am beginning on a long and hopefully proffitable adventure. I know It will take years and money but I want to breed up the largest brown egg layers ever. In body and egg size. I am thinking on starting with 22 astro hens and 3 Blk Giant roos. Selling the culls and some eggs along the way to help offset the cost. Any advice would be appreciated. thanks and good brooding!

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
and if you want large chickens DO NOT BUY FROM A HATCHERY you need to buy from a breeder to get size. They will be small bad type birds if you get from a hatchery, they will be good layers though but again if you want size don't buy from a hatchery.
Hope that helps, Tamara

Modern-day dinosaurs! I think they're really cool. Wish I had the room for them. I'll bet they would scare the heck out of my mailman!

They are all over in Thailand. On my first trip there I happened on cockfight out in the counrtyside. Quite a spectacle it was. A few hundred people in attendance watching the two roos fight. I did'nt stay long, though as the whole time I was there the crowd had their eyes on me and not the birds. Guess they don't get too many white American cockfighting fans.

As stated by several here, as well as within the CL ad, those are thai gamefowl. They look like they could use a little more care than they are receiving.

Here is a picture of my thai stag
007-1.jpg

They are great birds, but are not for everyone. They take a dedicated breeder, as Cuban said, they require more attention than your typical bird. I would say that having more than one male per breeding pen is a bad idea, and often having more than one hen per pen can prove difficult. They are quite the looker when they are maintained as they should be.

OMG that thing is ugly. LOL!! I looks like one of those rubber novelty chickens...
lau.gif
Sorry! I know beauty is in the eye of the chicken holder.
D.gif

Quote:
Your birds are very beautiful and look nice and healthy. The ones the OP is asking about look like they need better care just like you said. I like there crazy look they have.

Back
Top Bottom