YO GEORGIANS! :)

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SeramaSweetie, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Jharper

Jharper Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2012
    Tifton, Ga
    Yeah! I'm going to use it as a hatcher, because it has that removable liner on it.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  2. LTygress

LTygress Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2012
    CHICKEN MATH! Let's see how many eggs you can fit in that sucker! And... GO!

3. Jharper

Oct 20, 2012
    Tifton, Ga
    Lol! I don't know haha![​IMG]

4. ChristyinGA

ChristyinGA Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2013
    Ball Ground, GA
    That is it EXACTLY!

5. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    if you put the barred rocks in with the Sumatra or Phoenix, you should get sexlinked chicks. Barred males, Black females.

6. mrsdszoo

mrsdszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2012
    Sure you can get past the sweet bunniness. Walk into my barn unannounced. My Am. Chinchilla buck Maximus has a bad habit of "spraying" strangers, and his aim is dead on. His cage is at shoulder height for me, so he's also gotten me right in the side of the head when I came in at night without talking to them as I came in. I tell him all the time he's lucky I like him and he makes a good daddy. His girls are great moms, but neither are particularly "cuddly". They are downright awful to remove from their cages. One good slice from a rabbit hind foot, along with "eau du buck", and the sweet bunniness goes right out the window. Now, my Mini Rex are a different story!

1 person likes this.
  7. mrsdszoo

mrsdszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2012
    I wish there were something that was heat resistant but wouldn't mess up heat and humidity/water channel function to line the LG styrofoam bators with. I might try paper towel partial lines on the wire, but I'm worried it could affect air flow and/or humidity. Thoughts?

8. ChristyinGA

ChristyinGA Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2013
    Ball Ground, GA
    I think breed may also play into this. Meat rabbits are not as cute as the smaller non-meat rabbits. Like, I have no desire to eat dutch rabbits - although I hear they have a great bone to meat ratio...

9. LTygress

LTygress Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2012
    Well, the good news is, ANY of the breeds that I might want or need to put them with, would end up being sex-linked. Sumatra and Phoenix are two. But then if I get more than one roo from the BLR Wyandottes or Black Copper Marans, the barred rocks may end up going in there too. And those would ALSO be sex-link chicks.

And for Large-Fowl Cochin, I'm getting two blue females, and three silver-laced straight-run. So I may end up with two or roosters THERE. If I do, the barred rocks may go in there, and that would once again leave me with sex links.

Although if they go in with the BLRW, I would end up with all of the males being barred - but half of them would be blue, and half would be black. Kinda cool. But I guess mostly I'll just see how every roo handles his girls, and how many roos I get from those straight run orders, and then move the barred rocks accordingly.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  10. Jharper

Oct 20, 2012
    Tifton, Ga
    What model do you have? The older one?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by