1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

YO GEORGIANS! :)

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SeramaSweetie, Jan 13, 2009.

1. chickenrunner83

chickenrunner83 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2014
    Griffin
    And apparently I'm gonna look like it can't use proper grammar or spell right until this "smart" phone stops trying to guess what I want to say... It has replaced I with if it and I'm without me noticing. Guess I have to watch it closer.

2. lil j

lil j New Egg

Feb 28, 2014
    forsyth ga
    But last week I got a few game fowls from a auction and I'm not sure what kind they are how could I find out what kind they are?

3. mrsdszoo

mrsdszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2012
    Before I fall asleep in front of the computer, I want to say "Thanks!" to abmaddox for taking me to my first livestock auction. It was fun, and our farm is minus two evil roosters -yay! I'll probably dream about the Velveteen Lop that I was too chicken to bid more for, but I'll live.

LTygress, I love the screen coop! It's huge! I hope it holds as well as you need it to; those will be some happy birds. Your "spring coop makeovers" look great.

I'll be shuffling my own birds a little as I make room for this spring's new chicks, and hopefully getting the rabbit barn addition done before too long.

4. Book

Book Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2012
    Eastern GA
    I love the silver one! What kind of chicken is that? Congrats on the new littles!

5. Book

Book Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2012
    Eastern GA
    So not sure if I posted already that our little Jubliee died, the one my husband mothered for a day trying to hand feed and water and keep warm in his robe and military uniform. -sigh-

So far, 3 weeks in with 6 chicks and lost 1 of them. Hopefully we will not lose any more. (I am kidding myself right?)

I found someone with 3 week old chicks and husband took me to pick out very white/silver easter egger. (or so they said)

Very sweet bird, lets hope it is a girl!

We are in hopes our 3 and 6 year old daughters don't notice the switch! Our 8 year old son did sadly but I think he is taking it in stride. He just had a problem understanding how something can die when you work so hard to take care of it. It happens, clearly.

One other positive for the day beyond the new chick (she fits right in with the others!) is we met a great couple and they love chickens. They live in a very tightly grouped neighborhood that just makes my heart sing with job that they can pull off all those chickens in such an area and even roosters. They said we should get together so I hope this means new friends! Moving to a new area can be hard and making new friends would be great, specially chicken friends!

Thanks for letting cluck on like this!

1 person likes this.
  6. abmaddox1981

abmaddox1981 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2013
    Griffin Georgia
    I don't know a lot about game fowl. All I know is they usually go pretty high at the auction in barnesville.

7. lil j

lil j New Egg

Feb 28, 2014
    forsyth ga
    . Yeah that's where I got the new ones from but I wish I knew away to tell what kind they are ? Do u know how I could find out what kind they are

8. abmaddox1981

abmaddox1981 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2013
    Griffin Georgia
    Bing or Google images. Or try one of the game fowl threads here.

9. debgal

debgal Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Griffin, Ga

:lau see robo, karma, gets you everytime. :lau you can't bad mouth your spouse! ESP in writing :eek:. It always comes back. I try to tell my DH but after 26 yrs I still have to get on him,so at least it's mostly all in fun and the practical jokes begin. I still owe him a pay back for 25 yrs ago. Was such a perfect joke and I fell for it. Still haven't thought of a good enough one for him yet!!! :barnie

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  10. debgal

debgal Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Griffin, Ga
    Good mOrning everyone,,, coffee..........

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by