YO GEORGIANS! :)

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SeramaSweetie, Jan 13, 2009.

1. debgal

debgal Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Griffin, Ga
    So, this might be a really stupid question, but, why does everyone hatch out so many chicks??? I mean do you have huge farms to populate??? And what do you do with all your ducks??? I told my daughter NO DUCKS!! we don't have any kind of water supply, pond nothing, what am I going to do with ducks when she leave for Eygpt in Sept????????

2. Sonya9

Sonya9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2014
    Jones County, Georgia
    Stop by the hardware store and buy a dimmer cord for a few bucks; the you can adjust your heat lamp instantly without moving it or fussing with it.

The reptile keepers have been using these for decades as a cheap way to adjust heat, for some reason the chicken keepers haven't discovered them!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. debgal

May 12, 2008
    Griffin, Ga
    OMG that's brilliant !!!! My daughter has one on her python enclosure!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!

4. carcar80

carcar80 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2013
    GA, US
    Oh wow!! Thanks!!! Morning everyone. :)

5. debgal

May 12, 2008
    Griffin, Ga
    Good morning !!!!!

6. chickenrunner83

chickenrunner83 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2014
    Griffin
    Some do and some dont. We eat ours. So we have to repopulate. We also are going to start selling pure breeds. And ducks only need a kiddie pool to be happy. We will also be eating our ducks and turkeys once we have a big enough breeding flock to sustain it's self.

7. debgal

May 12, 2008
    Griffin, Ga

So I can just get a kiddi pool for the ducks?? Awesome. I won't be able to eat the ducks, they are her pets. I too want to have chickens to eat as well as eggs. My DH has concerns about my butchering the chickens. He says that if our dogs see this or smell this it will get them going on this blood craze. I think he is full of it.

8. chickenrunner83

chickenrunner83 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2014
    Griffin
    As long as you don't feed them raw pieces they should be fine. The only reason my son's dog chases ours is because he's still a puppy and he wants to play with them.

9. GAMarans

GAMarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2014
    Georgia
    [​IMG]

So the Silkie update:

1 of the eggs never did anything so I was down to 5. 1 of them appears to have stopped doing its thing about 5 or so days ago. 1 of them is having a hard time and may not make it. (Not letting it go without a fight, though). The other 3 ... black, silver/gray, and some light color that I can't identify yet (still too wet). Little Bit is going to be so excited when she gets home and sees her new "Pajama Chicks."

1 person likes this.
  10. GAMarans

GAMarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2014
    Georgia
    1 item added to Cart [​IMG]

Seriously ... why has this not occurred to us before?

Thank you, Sonya!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by