YO GEORGIANS! :)

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SeramaSweetie, Jan 13, 2009.

1. GAFarmGirl87

GAFarmGirl87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2013
    NW Georgia
    Yesterday I was in Blue Ridge with the family. We checked out the feed/ seed place right next to the railroad. I've never seen so many animals in one small store before. They had chicken breeds I've never even heard of. There was this itty bitty toy rooster running around in the store. They said it was japanese. So adorable! They had several adult breeding pairs, as well as turkeys!! Beautiful white turkeys.

Anybody here ever been?

2. RoboDuck

RoboDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

No but I would like to. Got the name of the place or an address?

3. GAFarmGirl87

GAFarmGirl87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2013
    NW Georgia

Hate that for her. I would love free roos, but only because I'd eat them. That's why I have no issues getting straight run chicks, since I want to raise my own meat birds too.

Today we will be building a chicken tractor. I'm looking forward to it!!

2 people like this.
  4. ChristyinGA

ChristyinGA Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2013
    Ball Ground, GA
    I'm LOLing at the incubator on the roof!

@mrsdszoo , I am going to head your way on Wednesday morning, if that works for you.

I'm going up to Calhoun either this afternoon or tomorrow to pick up my side of beef. WHOOHOO! Guess I need to get that freezer cleaned and plugged in this morning.

We had one crested cream legbar boy chick die last evening, so with shipped and hatched we have a total of 50 chicks in the basement brooder. 12 are for eating though and I have a bunch of marans that I will likely sell off once I can determine sex - unless we eat them. How are marans for eating?

5. chickenrunner83

chickenrunner83 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2014
    Griffin
    So ab is on Cup of coffee number 1 browsing Craigs list and looks up and says "I'm not awake enough for this. I just read an ad for fences and was wandering who would post an ad selling feces." Lol. I've been up since 630 against my will. And the boy still missed the bus this morning. .

6. LTygress

LTygress Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2012
    LMAO!

ETA: Oooh, post number 2,000 for me!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  7. abmaddox1981

abmaddox1981 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2013
    Griffin Georgia
    :p

8. Missyktsm

Missyktsm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2013
    Just South of Atlanta
    Great! I should be receiving my sizzle eggs in about a week. Hopefully your girls will cooperate and I can add a few of your eggs to this hatch. :)

9. Missyktsm

Missyktsm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2013
    Just South of Atlanta
    Those are adorable!
    That's too flippin funny! I almost contacted the guy about this but couldn't figure out how I'd hide it from DH. Your hubby is the bomb for picking this thing up.

10. abmaddox1981

abmaddox1981 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2013
    Griffin Georgia
    When he got there and saw how big it was he called me to tell me that I must hate him. Lol. Poor man. Plus I got the guy to come off the price a bit.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by