YO GEORGIANS! :)

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SeramaSweetie, Jan 13, 2009.

1. mrsdszoo

mrsdszoo Songster

Oct 19, 2012
    Wednesday morning is awesome; I'll PM you my contact info so you can make more specific plans :). I'll try to remember to ask you about that side of beef too. Best of luck with your flock of chicks -they add up quick, don't they? I'm only at 29 so far... and just six more eggs to hatch between the incubator and hatcher.

1 person likes this.

2. Just got my tracking number for my cotton patch geese eggs. :D. "electronic shipping infi received" is all it says so far.

3. mrsdszoo

mrsdszoo Songster

Oct 19, 2012
    @RoboDuck and @GAMarans : I love your donkeys Bob and Bob ;)! I loved the show reference the most though. Reminded me of high school when I constantly had my best friend and my boyfriend with me everywhere -including family functions. my parents used to call the three of us Larry, Darryl, and Darryl [​IMG]

@LTygress I like your new indoor bird. I have a soft spot for the tough cases, but have never been a parrot person -I'm always impressed with people who can deal with that much noise and help those birds turn things around!

@abmaddox1981 and @chickenrunner83 You guys may have just acquired a part-time kid and her mom. The little zookeeper had so much fun with your brood that she had the hardest time sleeping last night -she went right past tired into delerious, but she kept dreaming about the trampoline when she fell asleep! She kept waking up and coming to tell me that she couldn't sleep in her bed because it was bouncing, or that I needed to kiss the boo-boo on her thumb (the one her "cousin" found a band-aid for), or just to plain tell me "Mommy, remember the ducks? I like those ducks, they were so cool...and remember -----------".

4. mrsdszoo

mrsdszoo Songster

Oct 19, 2012
    Sweet, Robo! I will celebrate with everyone when they get new geese/eggs, but I'll watch the goose-keeping from afar. Don't think I've warmed up to keeping geese myself. Ducks, on the other hand...

5. sanchabird

sanchabird Songster

Mar 7, 2014
    North Georgia
    No, I wouldn't be worried as long as she's eating and drinking. I have 2 Araucanas, 1 RIR, and 1 Barred rock and the araucanas have always been different sizes. They're about 2 pounds different at 2 years old right now, but even as chicks they were different sizes. My RIR is normal size, but my Barred Rock is VERY LARGE. It just shows you that chickens come in different sizes even within the same breed.

6. LTygress

LTygress Songster

Sep 12, 2012
    As long as she is eating okay, she'll be fine.

7. sanchabird

sanchabird Songster

Mar 7, 2014
    North Georgia
    [​IMG]
    LingaB, The girl on the top is my smaller araucana and the one on the bottom is the larger araucana. You can sorta tell the difference, but this isn't a great picture. Your girl may always be small, but she may end up being the biggest.[​IMG]

8. LTygress

LTygress Songster

Sep 12, 2012
    Lola is actually incredibly quiet! She was loud when she was in the truck on the way home, and louder than normal when she says "Lola" but otherwise she has been incredibly quiet.

1 person likes this.
  9. mrsdszoo

mrsdszoo Songster

Oct 19, 2012
    In other news, guess who figured a solution to her problem with pop-ups on BYC?! It was stupid-easy; I was looking right past it. I updated my browser software [​IMG] <---- Now I can do that, and this: @mrsdszoo , and this: [​IMG]

@abmaddox1981 These are the eggs from my two AM girls -when they are laying. The color is not the best in this photo, because It was crummy lighting in the kitchen with my phone. Let me try another:
    [​IMG] On second thought -it could be my monitor or BYC, they keep appearing different after loading. (That one is next to a cream colored Silkie egg)

10. LTygress

LTygress Songster

Sep 12, 2012
    YAY! PICTURES!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by