YO GEORGIANS! :)

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SeramaSweetie, Jan 13, 2009.

1. abmaddox1981

abmaddox1981 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2013
    Griffin Georgia
    @mrsdszoo y'all are welcome any time! Sean asked me again this morning when y'all are coming back!
    Also, how's the new buck doing?

2. mrsdszoo

mrsdszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2012
    The new guy is chilling out really calmly in quarantine in the garage. The peanut wants him to be named "new Cheddar", and I suggested "Pepper" (for his salt-and-pepper hair, and because I couldn't think of something more original), so it could end up being "Cheddar Pepper". We've had Cheddar, Popcorn, and Peanut, so it fits the snack food theme.

3. Flowerbh

Flowerbh Overrun With Chickens

Mar 24, 2012
    Dawsonville, GA
    Those are easter eggers. Araucanas are rumples birds.

4. Flowerbh

Flowerbh Overrun With Chickens

Mar 24, 2012
    Dawsonville, GA
    Beautiful eggs! Congrats!

5. mrsdszoo

mrsdszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2012
    What a project! I've been doing some computer maintenance, and am trying to clear space in the clogged backlog of photos between my computer, dropbox account, and my phone. My account is full, so I have to copy stuff and delete. Waiting now for 1,072 photos to copy before I can delete them -can you imagine if they were in old fashioned hard copy albums?!

6. HollyORiley

HollyORiley Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2014
    Georgia
    I'm getting chicks tonight!! [​IMG]

I'm so excited! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. sanchabird

sanchabird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2014
    North Georgia
    I got them from Ruckers and I was told that they were araucanas but never thought they looked like the ones in the pictures I had seen. I knew that they were a rumpless breed, but I knew mine both had tails. I know quite a bit about chicken breeds, but I never thought about them being easter eggers, but know that I look at pictures of easter eggers that aren't orange and white, Cinnamon and Sugar are easter eggers. Although they look like Araucanas with tails. Thank you for telling me![​IMG]

I do have a question. We both live in North Georgia, How do your ducks do with the temperature going from 70 degrees to 45 in a matter of days? Do they do okay in 95 degree weather? What about 20 degrees and below like we've had in this crazy weather this year? I'm getting 3 ducks in about a month and I just want to be prepared.

8. sanchabird

Mar 7, 2014
    North Georgia
    Good Luck!!! Is this your first batch?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  9. RoboDuck

RoboDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

You people need to stop enjoying this weather and come in out of the sun. This forum almost sank to the bottom of the page due to lack of activity. But that's ok. I"m here to rescue it.

10. sanchabird

Mar 7, 2014
    North Georgia
    Why would anyone come out of the sun if this is one of the nicest days we've had in months here in N GA?[​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by