YO GEORGIANS! :)

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SeramaSweetie, Jan 13, 2009.

1. GAMarans

GAMarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2014
    Georgia
    Certainly nobody should need to be rude about it but ... some stores do have arrangements with their shippers/suppliers/etc. regarding the pallets. I know that Home Depot is very strict about certain ones because of the wholesalers that ships with them but other pallets they don't care about.

2. carcar80

carcar80 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2013
    GA, US
    THANKS! I'll fill my troughs now! :)

3. mrsdszoo

mrsdszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2012
    Nope, spent it all on feed -use deep cleansing breaths!

4. LTygress

LTygress Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2012
    Wal-mart also tends to be very limited on the number of pallets they have for moving things around. And they need one for every "bale" of cardboard boxes that they crush and throw away, since that is how they move the bales. That tends to leave very few for everything else.

In their normal truckloads of merchandise, they don't use pallets. They unload everything box-by-box from the truck, and use movable roller "belts" to get it to the backroom shelves. From there, some larger items are put on pallets to move out to the sales floor (like grills) but smaller items are carried out on those tall metal carts. Either way, they might only get one pallet per truck that comes in, if they are lucky.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  5. mrsdszoo

Oct 19, 2012
    Hi! I'm not familiar with Odum, but then again, I'm not familiar with a lot of GA. Welcome!

6. mrsdszoo

Oct 19, 2012
    Got it :). Just sent one back (I may have been trying to wrangle the little zookeeper and had a hard time keeping up with my to do list today)

1 person likes this.
  7. buddy phoenix

buddy phoenix Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2012
    possum snout
    You all need wood. lol. i work in a sawmill . get all i want for free. all hardwood no pine. even chips. anybody who's cloose i could get you at discount .

8. LTygress

LTygress Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2012
    But where exactly are you located? Your current location only says "Possum Snout".... which is all of Georgia.

9. GAMarans

GAMarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2014
    Georgia
    Hi there BFF! [​IMG]

10. buddy phoenix

buddy phoenix Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2012
    possum snout
    tallapoosa north of carrollton.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by