YO GEORGIANS! :)

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SeramaSweetie, Jan 13, 2009.

1. GAMarans

GAMarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2014
    Georgia
    Good morning, peeps.

2. abmaddox1981

abmaddox1981 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2013
    Griffin Georgia
    Mornin'

3. debgal

debgal Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Griffin, Ga
    The guy across the street came over and was looking at my chickens yesterday, he went in the coop and caught the darker one pretty easy, he looked at the band on her leg and told me who knew who had this chicken and sold it and that she is a green legged kelso. I am still dumb founded that Derek knew this info. Come to find out he had lots of chickens and bred them. Learn something new everyday. He still gives me a hard time about fussing over my chickens! There chickens!!!! Well I don't care. I want eggs and eventually meat from them. I told him, in my mind, you get what you put in. If they are happy, feel safe and in the best conditions I can provide them it will give me the same back. Still get, they are chickens and your over doing it. LOL got to love him tho, Derek Smith is one of our dear friends and like a little brother to us. He can raz me all he wants, I'm going to miss him if he moves to Florida tho :(

4. WGAchick

WGAchick Out Of The Brooder

Feb 13, 2014
    Villa Rica, GA
    One of my RIR's flew up and perched on the top edge of our brooder is morning! [​IMG] They're only a week old! I was hoping we may have another week or two before that happened. I think we're going to need a bigger brooder!

Is it weird that my week old chicks are already roosting? My husband put a piece of dowel just above the shavings for them to perch on and they're already piling on and sleeping there at night! They love it!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  5. debgal

May 12, 2008
    Griffin, Ga

Wow that's cool!!!!!!!!!

6. RoboDuck

RoboDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

My eggs have arrived!!

NOW GO GET THEM WOMAN!!!!

1 person likes this.
  7. debgal

May 12, 2008
    Griffin, Ga

Why can't you go get your eggs?????

8. carcar80

carcar80 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2013
    GA, US
    Here now, some of us have to work!! ;)

:lau

9. RoboDuck

RoboDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

^ What she said. ^

10. WGAchick

WGAchick Out Of The Brooder

Feb 13, 2014
    Villa Rica, GA
    I'll try to post a picture tonight of them. It's the cutest thing but being first time chicken owners, we weren't sure if it's normal or even safe for them to be doing it this young.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by