YO GEORGIANS! :)

Morning all!

Had a nice visit with @mrsdszoo
yesterday.  Hopefully the kitties fared well overnight.  I'm sure they are fine because they have more shelter there than they did here :)

16 buff orpington eggs in the incubator and a rabbit in the freezer.  The handsome husband and I are going to have to psyche ourselves up to eating it.  I found a recipe for rabbit stew that looks interesting.

I think I will be spending my day cleaning house while my daughter has homeschool co-op.  Ya'll have a good day!

The cats took turns exploring the outdoor run yesterday afternoon, and puffball even tested the top of the run by climbing the corner. They all hold still for me to touch them, but I'm trying to give them space to relax first and figure oin the ut that they're safe. I had every intention of not getting too attached to these "working barn cats", but that's not working out so well ;). They've already gotten canned food, and I had to make myself quit looking at collars in Wal-Mart (don't want then getting caught on anything, but don't want neighbors snatching up my cats either). I enjoyed your visit; and it was fun to see your daughter enjoy the animals. Poor Dapper Dan, he sounds so pitiful when he crows, but you just can't help but giggle! Good luck with your new eggs, and the rabbit in the freezer. I meant to send you home with a recipe for beer braised rabbit that is awesome. Also, I plan to make rabbit cacciatore in the crockpot.

So I saw on the CSRA Hobby Farmer FB page there is a class for candling at the end of March. Is it a difficult class? I've never candled before.  I didn't even know I needed to take the class if I was going to sell eggs when my girls start laying.  I also think it's a pretty interesting thing to learn. :)

Are there other classes/licenses that I need if I sell eggs?

Where is the class being held? I've been looking for one.

Where is the class being held? I've been looking for one.

There's one in Gainesville on April 3rd
I'm waiting for one closer to this side of Atlanta.

Be sure to check your local county extension service. Sign up for their newsletters. That is how I found out about the one GAM attended in Paulding County.

I'm game for carpooling in the husband's Prius; gas money wouldn't be such a big deal that way. It's just a matter of spending the time -is the class just one day? I'm not holding my breath for Henry County to have a class. Our extension office is only concerned with vegetable gardens. They offset nothing else besides a small plant sale and gardening classes.

Yeah...I'm not driving to Gainsville either.

Be sure to check your local county extension service. Sign up for their newsletters. That is how I found out about the one GAM attended in Paulding County.
. Thanks. I hadn't thought of that.

Back
Top Bottom