YO GEORGIANS! :)

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SeramaSweetie, Jan 13, 2009.

1. ChristyinGA

ChristyinGA Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2013
    Ball Ground, GA
    I am so weird about meats though! We had our first steaks from our side of grass fed beef and I totally think it has a funny twang to it. I need to get over it though! And quickly!

2. ChristyinGA

Sep 29, 2013
    Ball Ground, GA
    Yay! So glad they are settling in well! :) Thank you for the rabbit and eggs!

3. Flowerbh

Flowerbh Overrun With Chickens

Mar 24, 2012
    Dawsonville, GA
    There is a class that the Dept of Agriculture has and they issue the license. Warning....they call it a class, but what they do is send you pages and pages of stuff to read and then when you get into the classroom, they have you sign in and then hand you the test! LOL! So be sure you read all the stuff first. They do teach you what to look for when you candle eggs, and then with a partner, you candle 100 eggs. The man actually told us that "nobody has ever failed the test"

You don't need a license if your customers come to your place to buy eggs, but if you take your eggs off your property, you should have the license. I put my license # on all the eggs I sell.

4. ChristyinGA

Sep 29, 2013
    Ball Ground, GA
    I can go in on 5 Dorkings - straight run is fine. Could even add a few Welsummers (3-4) if you need them for the order. Or if available when you need to ship, I could do 4 of each?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  5. mrsdszoo

mrsdszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2012
    I think you'll just get refracted light through the water, and a heat sink. The water will absorb heat, hold it when the sun goes down, and give it off slowly -but in small amounts, because we've not talking tons of water. I think either way, the effect would be negligible; but I'd Assad something to shield the sun a bit more.

6. mrsdszoo

mrsdszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2012
  7. GAFarmGirl87

GAFarmGirl87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2013
    NW Georgia

Yummy! Grass fed beef is delish! Our neighbor raises cattle, and I want to talk with him about buying a calf before he starts feedig it grain to take to market. 1 would feed 5 or 6 households for a year.

8. GAFarmGirl87

GAFarmGirl87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2013
    NW Georgia

What if you're just selling to family and coworkers?

9. Ameraucanasouth

Ameraucanasouth Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2014
    Northeast Georgia
    Im in Cornelia GA just north of Gainsville. Are there any serious heritage breeders in the north Georgia area lookin to do chicken and egg swaps and just basically commune with a fellow serious poultry breeder?

10. Book

Book Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2012
    Eastern GA
    WGAchick, we are first timers too and one of ours did that too, but through 2x2 fencing top on the brooder bin. We went and made a bigger/taller brooder for them and a top with smaller holes. LOL Oh the fun of being newbies! LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by