YO GEORGIANS! :)

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SeramaSweetie, Jan 13, 2009.

1. GAMarans

GAMarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2014
    Georgia
    Question ... is eating raw cookie dough just as pathetic even if it is gluten free, sugar free cookie dough?

2. LTygress

LTygress Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2012
    Okay, skip the natural whey protein, since it has chocolate.

But as mentioned in my last one, YES please give her as many mealworms as she will eat. The amount of protein more or less determines how fast the chicks will grow (to a certain extent). So the more she gets, the faster she'll grow and catch up with the others. The 10% rule can go out the window right now, because she needs the extra protein. And yes, grit is necessary when you are feeding anything besides "chick feed" or a crumbled formula. Although I would personally go to Walmart and get some mealworms from the sporting goods section (usually kept in a refrigerator right by the sporting goods counter) and give her those.

And I see you already gave her Gro Gel in your more recent post, so that's good.

Keep her toes "held" as straight as possible for 3 days to a week. I'd say closer to a week since she is already a few weeks old. Full-grown chickens may need up to two weeks, but she's still a growing baby! The idea is to hold the foot in as much of a "normal" position as possible. If I have chicks with all six toes curled (or eight if the back ones are also curled) I tend to draw a rough outline of what their foot SHOULD look like on a hard object. One of my favorites is old out-of-date credit, ATM, or debit cards. Then I strap their feet onto the card with the bandaging to hold the entire foot in place for a few days. But with the photo you posted, it looks like just wrapping the toes is doing a great job of keeping it all straight. Just be sure to loosen it about once a day for circulation, and then reapply them. But 7 days should straighten them out for good.

3. LTygress

LTygress Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2012
    Um, eating ANY kind of cookie dough.....

IS NOT PATHETIC AT ALL!

2 people like this.
  4. GAMarans

GAMarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2014
    Georgia
    [​IMG]

5. abmaddox1981

abmaddox1981 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2013
    Griffin Georgia
    7 babies in the bator. Multiple pips. Ugh! The cheeping!

6. mrsdszoo

mrsdszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2012
    AMEN!! [​IMG]

7. ChristyinGA

ChristyinGA Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2013
    Ball Ground, GA
    I'm tempted to see if you can add one a few dorkings for me!

8. ChristyinGA

ChristyinGA Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2013
    Ball Ground, GA
    @mrsdszoo How are the kitties doing?

9. mrsdszoo

mrsdszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2012
    Boy, I am looking at an awesome spring next year! The southside branch of the GA chicken railroad will have so many breeds to choose form, and the northern branch will fill in the rest plus waterfowl!

10. buddy phoenix

buddy phoenix Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2012
    possum snout
    Got plywood n free 2x4s. new chicken pen almost ready to build!!! no rain please!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by