YO GEORGIANS! :)

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SeramaSweetie, Jan 13, 2009.

1. GAMarans

GAMarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2014
    Georgia
    I'm sure there are some south-side folks that would take eggs off your hands or possibly find some room in their incubators for you.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  2. RoboDuck

RoboDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

They should get enough naturally if they're free range. But a little oyster shell in mixed with their food couldn't hurt. When we had ours here at the house before moving them to the farm, they spent a lot of time in GAMjr's sandbox and I have recently dug a hole in the current pen and filled it with play sand.

3. Freespirited

Freespirited Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2014
    Sand will be fine as grit.

4. abmaddox1981

abmaddox1981 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2013
    Griffin Georgia
    Good night y'all! Hopefully I wake up to pips and peeps in the morning! I hate lockdown!

5. Freespirited

Mar 17, 2014
    Good luck!

6. mels4chicks

mels4chicks New Egg

Mar 17, 2014
    Hi all! I'm a new chicken mommy and new to BYC. Also a fellow Georgian! I live in Middle Georgia, close to Perry, Warner Robins, Macon, Dublin area. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could buy an Ameraucana or Barred Plymouth Rock for my backyard coop. I have 1 Rhode Island Red and 1 Cuckoo Maran so far, but wanted some variety and colorful eggs. Thanks!

7. Freespirited

Mar 17, 2014
    Are you wanting purebred Ameraucanas or easter eggers? Easter eggers can be mixed breed or even a pure Ameraucana who doesn't match breed standard, but has the blue egg gene. Blue and brown are mixed to make green (go figure), so those are definitely mixed breed "easter eggers".

Also, are you looking for chicks or adults? Or does it matter?

8. Missyktsm

Missyktsm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2013
    Just South of Atlanta
    Yes, two someones have generously offer to take any extras off my hands so they don't go to waste. Which is great because I would really hate to have to eat them...they would go down HARD.

Good luck with your hatch.

9. mels4chicks

mels4chicks New Egg

Mar 17, 2014
    I want Ameraucana or EE for the egg color, really. But, I need chicks, since I've just started and am still working on my coup. The two biddies I have are 2 weeks old.

10. sanchabird

sanchabird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2014
    North Georgia
    Not me, my 4 feather babies are just layers

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by