YO GEORGIANS! :)

My sizzle eggs came in today and Holy Cow was this woman generous! I ordered a dozen and she sent me 30! I have a dozen porcelain and cuckoo eggs due in tomorrow and if this woman sends extras too, I won't have room in the incubator for all of them. Decisions, decisions...
I'm sure there are some south-side folks that would take eggs off your hands or possibly find some room in their incubators for you.

Last edited:
They should get enough naturally if they're free range. But a little oyster shell in mixed with their food couldn't hurt. When we had ours here at the house before moving them to the farm, they spent a lot of time in GAMjr's sandbox and I have recently dug a hole in the current pen and filled it with play sand.

Hi all! I'm a new chicken mommy and new to BYC. Also a fellow Georgian! I live in Middle Georgia, close to Perry, Warner Robins, Macon, Dublin area. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could buy an Ameraucana or Barred Plymouth Rock for my backyard coop. I have 1 Rhode Island Red and 1 Cuckoo Maran so far, but wanted some variety and colorful eggs. Thanks!

Hi all! I'm a new chicken mommy and new to BYC. Also a fellow Georgian! I live in Middle Georgia, close to Perry, Warner Robins, Macon, Dublin area. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could buy an Ameraucana or Barred Plymouth Rock for my backyard coop. I have 1 Rhode Island Red and 1 Cuckoo Maran so far, but wanted some variety and colorful eggs. Thanks!

Are you wanting purebred Ameraucanas or easter eggers? Easter eggers can be mixed breed or even a pure Ameraucana who doesn't match breed standard, but has the blue egg gene. Blue and brown are mixed to make green (go figure), so those are definitely mixed breed "easter eggers".

Also, are you looking for chicks or adults? Or does it matter?

I'm sure there are some south-side folks that would take eggs off your hands or possibly find some room in their incubators for you.
Yes, two someones have generously offer to take any extras off my hands so they don't go to waste. Which is great because I would really hate to have to eat them...they would go down HARD.

Good night y'all! Hopefully I wake up to pips and peeps in the morning! I hate lockdown!
Good luck with your hatch.

I want Ameraucana or EE for the egg color, really. But, I need chicks, since I've just started and am still working on my coup. The two biddies I have are 2 weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom