YO GEORGIANS! :)

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SeramaSweetie, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Coach C

Coach C Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2014
    Howdy everybody! I am new to the whole chickens deal as an adult, and glad to be here. My wife and I just moved back to my family farm in South Georgia ( I moved away when I was 8-9). We had chickens, and I want to get that tradition started again for my first child that is on the way (May 16th). Any tips and advice is welcome!

1 person likes this.
  2. RoboDuck

RoboDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Can you people stop picking on me long enough to help SwampTurkey? I don't know enough about bantams to even offer suggestions on how to make mom calm down and resume motherhood.

3. GAMarans

GAMarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2014
    Georgia
    Welcome and congratulations. Have you decided on breed(s) yet?

4. Coach C

Mar 13, 2014
    Not yet. We are in the VERY early stages of planning. I am working on the coop right now (building and where to build). Are there certain breeds I should avoid or gravitate towards in South Georgia?

5. RoboDuck

First kid coming soon. That's great. Let's hope it's a boy.

And while the women here are brutal bullies that will make you feel insignificant and unloved, they tend to know their chickens. So if you can catch them on a good day they can help you out. Otherwise just stand behind ChickenRunner and me, who have battle scars that shield us from the pain, and we'll protect you.

WELCOME!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  6. mrsdszoo

mrsdszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2012

Well, Crap. Whoever brings a mOose in rut to the house, first. Second, whoever designed this stupid keyboard and autocorrect! I left in the suggestion for improvement it had for "moose". Whiskey.Tango. Foxtrot.

7. Coach C

Mar 13, 2014
    It is a little girl Robo, but that's just fine...until she becomes a teenager...then there will be some issues...

8. GAMarans

GAMarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2014
    Georgia
    Oh, you're done! Daddy's Little Girl ... you are going to be wrapped around her little finger.

1 person likes this.
  9. RoboDuck

1 person likes this.
  10. Coach C

Mar 13, 2014
    I don't doubt that one bit. Trying to get everything together, remodeled (we live in my parents house they built in the 70s), and the new stuff built I can already tell I am in for a wrapping...

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by