YO GEORGIANS! :)

Hi everyone, It's great to see us grow and grow....This is a very helpful group and friendly and nice. I'm glad to be a Georgia, although I'm "plum nelly" in Alabama as my sainted grandmother would say. Hubby and I homestead and raise all manner of animals, bunnies, goats, turkeys - 3 kinds, many kinds of chickens, chicks, ducks, guineas, and Bunnies...I've downsized a bit on flocks. But ahem, silkies keep jumping out of my incubator, i cannot explain it... We have a website, http://thegarryfarm.webs.com/ of facebook us on The Garry Farm or my name (find link at the garry farm or The Garry farm animals for sale.

Well we are on the verge of big egg/hatching season.....I need advice from Georgia folks....... Last year I did more just large hatches and sold by notifying the public....But I did find that I would be left with odds and ends of chicks. I'm thinking this year of taking a reservation list for the birds so that i don't over hatch....

Because this year we have a commercial kitchen license and I need to be baking, canning, etc. there. What do you think???? Thanks.

Nancy - Reservations are good.. but record keeping can be a pain.. you could ask for a deposit or payment in full before the hatch.. but then you don't know if you will have a great hatch of not- and some people are not comfortable paying for chicks before they hatch. Another idea would be to advertise a "special" on the batch of mixed breed chicks.. buyers would benefit from getting a "sale" price and a variety of chicks.. you would benefit from an empty brooder (until the next hatch)

Another idea -- I'll just come once a month to pick up all your strays....lol

Shelly

Do you guys and gals have room for one more?
My name is Tish and I just moved to Adairsville, GA (30 mins south of Dalton) from Middle TN. I raise and show Silkies and Showgirls. I just started with Modern Games as well. About 30 adult birds atm and 2 brooders of chicks. I am looking for information on NPIP in my area as well and hoping to meet new friends. Anyone planning on attending the Northwest Poultry Show in Dalton the weekend of Feb. 4th?

Welcome!!! I just had testing done in November. Once I called, they were here within a week! Here is the webpage with the phone number to call. Just give them a call and they will have the tester in your area call you back with an appt.

http://www.gapoultrylab.org/GANPIPmember.pdf

Do you guys and gals have room for one more?
My name is Tish and I just moved to Adairsville, GA (30 mins south of Dalton) from Middle TN. I raise and show Silkies and Showgirls. I just started with Modern Games as well. About 30 adult birds atm and 2 brooders of chicks. I am looking for information on NPIP in my area as well and hoping to meet new friends. Anyone planning on attending the Northwest Poultry Show in Dalton the weekend of Feb. 4th?

Hey Fellow Georgians!

FYI...it seems ILT is running seriously rampant in my area of the state, in the commercial poultry farms. Please be careful and practice good biosecurity!!!

I just was told 90% of the houses in my area are infected
he.gif

Hey, fellow Georgians! I haven't posted in a while; fortunately Chicken life has been good and quiet!

I need some help with a non-chicken issue, though.

I'm taking in a 3 year old filly, but she's a long way away from me.

I've already got a volunteer to bring her as far north as Rentz, Georgia, and I'm in Cornelia, Georgia.

If you've got a truck and trailer and can volunteer it will be greatly appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom