YO GEORGIANS! :)

I'm new on the forum just joined today. We live in McDonough. My husband and I both have 2 jobs, we each have one that affords us to pay for the other if that makes sense. I'm looking forward to finishing the build of our new coop and picking out our new chicks. Any and all advice, tips and suggestions are welcome.

WELCOME.. I am just down the road from you and work in McDonough.. welcome to the Georgia group as we are the friendliest around. When I first began my chicken obsession about a year and a half ago.. BYC was the place I came to learn all I could. Searching the threads will give you valuable information. What I like about our Georgia group is that everyone is usually dealing with the same weather conditions and predator issues.
Are you ordering chicks from a hatchery, getting them at the feed store or buying from local? Depending on when you are ready for chicks..several folks on here will have great quality chicks for sale.
Shelly

Hello to all you Georgians. Moved here several months ago from Upstate NY where we had to sell our flock when we moved to Georgia. We are finally out of our apt and into a nice rental home here near/in Townsend GA area. Looking to start a small flock again and was wondering if anyone can tell me where I might pick up some barred rock hens and maybe some cochins or jersey giants? Husband really misses his barred rock girls and wants a couple - promised him I would let him have a couple. We have gone the whole route and hatched out own eggs before and raised chicks as well as ordering them. If anyone knows of somewhere besides the usual online sites that we could pick up some nice pullets let me know. Many thanks!

Shelly I was going to get them from the feed store that's just up the street (Animal House on Keys Ferry in McDonough) but I'm ready now. If you know of anyone who has young baby chicks or eggs that are hatching soon please let me know. The ones from the feed store are not due until the 28 of March. If you have time and wouldn't mind having company I would love to be able to visit an actual working coop and ask the many questions I have.

JosephPond - I have actually read that. I found this forum while doing a search for local codes and came across this letter and the hearing with the Mallards Landing board and the city.

Thanks for all of the warm welcomes. It's nice to know there are folks here who don't mind being asked questions.

Kim

Hello to all you Georgians. Moved here several months ago from Upstate NY where we had to sell our flock when we moved to Georgia. We are finally out of our apt and into a nice rental home here near/in Townsend GA area. Looking to start a small flock again and was wondering if anyone can tell me where I might pick up some barred rock hens and maybe some cochins or jersey giants? Husband really misses his barred rock girls and wants a couple - promised him I would let him have a couple. We have gone the whole route and hatched out own eggs before and raised chicks as well as ordering them. If anyone knows of somewhere besides the usual online sites that we could pick up some nice pullets let me know. Many thanks!

I am new to Georgia as well. We moved here from PA in October. We packed up the chickens and brought them along. It was sure an adventure! Welcome!

I just found out that that the City of Rome is considering 'allowing' it's citizens to own up to FOUR whole chickens. wow. It is more than I am allowed in Cobb County (0), but it is still crazy as a bed-bug~ Anyone here from Rome or the Rome area?

If you dont find any source, check out the Georgia Market Bulletin. Is available via print or online. It is a farm & Ag publication that tons of ads and info in it. It is how I found my chicks here in NW Georgia. Welcome to Georgia!

Yep, I am but I live outside the city limits. Im thinking they are doing this because most people in town already have chicks. I have 6 hens and 3 roosters and am looking forward to more in the spring. I need another coop. I also have 7 fenced in acres and live about 3 miles north of town.

Hey folks! I'm looking for an outdoor home for my two 6-month old neutered male cats - being indoors is driving them crazy and I don't have the property to let them outside.

Microchipped but not registered, so all you have to do is fill out the website (the paperwork and microchip tags will be included). Rabies shots good through October and I will include all vet paperwork (including tags). Financial contribution would be appreciated but not requested or required, just a good home with lots of space to roam and someone to give them scratches every now and then. Alternately, I would definitely be interested in trading for chickens.

They're brothers and have never been separated, so I do ask that you take them both.

Anyone in the upstate, W-NC, E-TN or GA is welcome to them - just shoot me a PM and we will work it out (I do not get on here often enough to keep up with conversations).

Back
Top Bottom