YO GEORGIANS! :)

Hey nice to meet ya. If you were showing horses I'd be a good go to but I just eat eggs. LOL I have been in N GA for 8 years and have only heard of shows at fair grounds. They need better publicity about chickens in this area. Too much reliance on word of mouth IMHO. I do frequent many feed stores etc that have bulletin boards, I will PM you if I read anything. What breeds do you show?

OH, I forgot: ELLIJAY folks, who's got the farm with all the cool Roos on Lucius? I drive by every day.
big_smile.png

Right now, Silkies- but I went crazy and ordered a whole lot of breeds to make up my 25 minimum order. I'm going to have a panic attack! July 2nd I will have Sumatras, Phoenix, 3 varieties of (large) Polish, Seabrights, White Faced Spanish. I've only shown 2 birds- once. Got a first and a second, because mine were the only ones in the class! Also, trying to build a coop for every breed, and every variety to keep them separated with very little $$$ Then, there's that multi rooster crowing that I didn't consider. I'm in deep....

Pam

ps- thanks for the reply- nice to meet you!

OOO now I'm giddy. ppls in Elijay, Dalonaga (wrong spelling I know) and Trenton doesn't sound too far.

Ms. Pam if you're not opposed to repurposing things you can usually find pallets for free and use the wood from that. I guess it also depends on what type of coop you want to build. The fencing might be a little more tricky. We got lucky and had pieces left over from building dog pens and using in the garden. But also my oldest son is an avid scrapper, most times I can tell him what I'm looking for and he will come home with it. I'd rather give him 5 or 10 for it instead of 50 to retail. Yes I am stingy with my money!

‎*I have 8 speckled sussex chicks 2 & 3 weeks old
*Have a few black sex links 3 weeks- 5 weeks
*Blue copper rooster 5-6 weeks old
*I have 6 andalusians chicks they are blue,black and splash about a week old
*I have a pair of Easter Eggers 1 Roo/pullet that are about 3 weeks old. They will lay the Blue/Green eggs
*I have 5 dominicker chicks that are about a month old if anyone is interested
*I have one Buckeye rooster 2.5 months old available if anyone is interested

I'm just north of Swainsboro, in Emanuel County. I've got 17 chickens in my backyard and I have to keep reminding myself that I don't need any more. I've got a Speckled Sussex for eggs, a Silkie roo named David Bowie, and a mess of Old English Game (for decoration). They make me happy.

‎*I have 8 speckled sussex chicks 2 & 3 weeks old
*Have a few black sex links 3 weeks- 5 weeks
*Blue copper rooster 5-6 weeks old
*I have 6 andalusians chicks they are blue,black and splash about a week old
*I have a pair of Easter Eggers 1 Roo/pullet that are about 3 weeks old. They will lay the Blue/Green eggs
*I have 5 dominicker chicks that are about a month old if anyone is interested
*I have one Buckeye rooster 2.5 months old available if anyone is interested
Where you at?

Back
Top Bottom